AMS2 SHH SHIFTER ISSUE! wrong shift number.

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by RagnarLodbrok, Feb 1, 2022.

1. RagnarLodbrok

RagnarLodbrok New Member

as the title states been having issues getting the shifter to work. finally got the game to recognize the shifter but a major problem: its reading gears/button # wrong.

My SHH shifter is brand new, and working correctly, during testing JoYbutton# 1= 1st gear Joybutton# 2= 2nd gear Joybutton # 3= 3rd gear etc.

BUT when i try to map the shifter in the game, When i put it into 1st gear position (Joybutton#1) it will show JoyButton#0????, when i try to map 2nd gear(joybutton#2) and put it into position, it will show joybutton#1

basically all the shifts are moved over 1 place. 1st gear slot is Neutral(joybutton#0), 2nd gear slot shows 1st gear

i cant figure it out. makes NO sense to me when the COMPUTER RECOGNIZES that 1st gear position is joybutton #1...........BUT AMS2 AND PC2 dont! plz help

2. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Yes that's how the button ID's are read/displayed. They will still work correctly.

3. RagnarLodbrok

RagnarLodbrok New Member

No they do not. They map to how its inputed. I pop it into 2nd gear slot on the shifter and it reads 1st gear in the game. 2nd gear on shifter shows 3rd gear etc etc. You did not understand what i said. The shifter is working properly, the problem is game side. When i test the shifter, Joy B1 is joy B1. In the game its shows Joy B1 as JoyB0 which is neutral.

4. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Have you used Custom Wheel in the settings?

5. RagnarLodbrok

RagnarLodbrok New Member

Yes its in custom wheel mode. I calibrated wheel and pedals ( after countless fails) now ive managed to get the game to see the shifter (i disabled steam controller) but it reading inputs wrong. Reverse is supposed to be Joy B8. When i try to assign it shows Joy B7. All the inputs are moved over 1 place.

6. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Have you tested it in another game?

7. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

I had the same issue a while ago. Reboot pc. change usb plugs around. create a new controller profile

8. RagnarLodbrok

RagnarLodbrok New Member

Its works in rfactor 2. Joy B1 is 1st gear
    Joy B2 is 2nd gear reversve is JoyB8.

The only issue is ams2.

Ive rebooted. Changed ports. Only usb 2.0
    Plugged in and out during game. Still identifies inputs incorrectly.

Anyone have a SHH shifter they use for Ams2? Howd you set it up.

9. Gevatter

When you say in game, do you mean in the menu or while driving? Because mine does what you describe when I assign the "buttons" (1st gear is Button#0 etc) but that works for me when driving. I use the SHH2 shifter currently an used the SHH1 before, was the same for both.

10. RagnarLodbrok

RagnarLodbrok New Member

Both. It shows that in menu, then when i go drive, the car starts in 1st gear, there is no neutral, when i put the shifter into 1st gear position it goes into 2nd gear in the game.

11. Gevatter

So if you move the lever to 1st gear, in the menu it shows JoyB0 instead of JoyB1 but in game it goes to 2nd instead of 1st? That's opposite, that doesn't make sense and like I said, it doesn't matter what number it shows in the menu. Computers usually start at ID0 instead of ID1, and mine does the same. Or did you map JoyB1 to 1st gear, which would be 2nd gear in AMS2? Also the car shouldn't start in 1st if the gear lever is in neutral since there is no input at that time unless something else interferes.

Do you use any external software like Joy2Key or Virtual Joystick with AMS2?

So, to make sure were not talking about different things. please verify the following: in the menu, map 1st gear to the fist gear on your SHH shifter, which should show as JoyB0. Then go in game, and shift to first gear and tell me which gear it selects. Make sure to select a h-pattern car like one of the 60s GT cars.

12. RagnarLodbrok

RagnarLodbrok New Member

I'll try it out and if fail ill take some pictures tommrow.
    Appreciate the help.

• Like Like x 1
  13. RagnarLodbrok

RagnarLodbrok New Member

Thankyou man. It worked after few tries. For some reason when either the wheel or shifter was detected it would screw something up. I first calibrated the wheel. Exited. Plugged in the shifter. Calibrated. Ta-da.

Thank you guys for your help. Now i can granny shift not double clutch like i should.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1