1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2 Steam manual backup

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by SuperMonaco_GP, Feb 27, 2021.

1. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Active Member

hi all, so I had to reinstall win10 therefore I made a manual backup onto a secondary drive (in which I put all from /steamapps/common). I am now in the process of restoring the files, I am doing it for the first time ever so I am restoring one sim at a time. all good with ac, acc, rf2 (I had to create and restore also the workshop folder and all its content but went all fine), but I am having problems with ams2 : I made the same as any other sim, copied the main folder into /steamapps/common and went to "install" it on steam, which usually leads to a very quick validation process because it already finds all needed files I previously copied, but when i do this with ams2 it install the game as supposed, but then starts downloading around 25gb which i suppose belongs to various updates / dlc content.
    so the question is : which files am i supposed to backup other than the main folder? thing is, any sim includes updates and dlcs, but it doesn't need any further download like ams2 does.
    thanks in advance.

2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Be aware Im not answering your question about what files...
    But you would do a lot things easier for yourself in the future if you moved the Steam folder (and most of your other programs) away from your Windows partition.
    As example I have 4 partitions where my Windows partition(C:) is only 50Gb.
    Windows and a few other stubborn programs occupy about half of this - so a complete backup/replace of this(Acronis) takes only 5-6 min.

ByTheWay: Just saying :)

Partitions.png

• Like Like x 1
  3. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Active Member

LOL solved : I copied ams2 folder into steamapps/downloads instead of /common my bad :)

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021