1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2 steering ratio and lock issue

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by quertreiber, May 26, 2022.

1. quertreiber

quertreiber New Member

Hi
    I'm using the Simagic Alpha Mini and have some issues with the steering ratio.
    I have it set to 900 degrees in the software. In AMS2 I can calibrate the wheel and it shows the correct ratio but in car, especially formula cars have a terrible ratio. Even road cars feel like they don't have a lot of steering. the steering wheel in car also does not match the actual input. I have to turn the wheel a lot more than I should. I can't find a setting that would take care of that. Isn't there an auto setting? I'm coming from iracing and it switches the ratio automatically.
    thank you for the help

2. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Go to calibrate. First lock it to the right. Save. Then turn it back to the centre. Slowly go to the right until it shows exactly 900 degrees. Save. Voila. Happy racing.

3. quertreiber

quertreiber New Member

that part I understand. And I did that. But my problem is that it keeps the 900 degree for F1 cars as well. So when I drive the F1 I have to turn the wheel a lot to steer. It also doesn't match the in car steering wheel. F1 wheels are usually around 360 degree lock to lock. iRacing has an auto setting. Is there one on AMS2?

4. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Hmmm something wrong on your end then, cause AMS 2 does it automatic. Change it to Automatic within the driver itself. Not 900.

5. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

6. Dakine Thor

Dakine Thor New Member

Did you figure out the issue? I’m trying to set up my G923 for F1 car