1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2 V1.4 Force Feedback ** CSW V2.5 OWNERS ONLY **

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Tomek666, Feb 4, 2023.

1. Tomek666

Tomek666 New Member

Well... Since Reiza and Fanatec have decided to ditch us and not provide recommended setting for AMS v1.4 I've decided we should start our own thread. Looking at the main V1.4 force feedback thread there are at least 5 to 10 of us here with CSW 2.5 asking for settings recomendations to no avail.

Let's have our own chat and dial it outselves!

Here is mine in game: Default+, Gain 75, LFB 50, FX 50, Damping 0
    Driver:SEN AUT, FF 100%, DRI OFF, FEI 100, FOR 100, SPR 100, DPR 100, BLI OFF, SHO 100, BRF MAX

All in all it's just a baseline as a starting point I've decided on and it's OK, but I would like it better.
    The main thing I don't like is the force gap in the middle. Doesn't feel smooth between the middle position like a real wheel. FF kicks in at around 10-15 degrees. Pretty annoying TBH. I would love for the force to feel smooth and consistant going through the middle as I turn left to right. I'm guessing this is due to the higher LFB in game?

What are your thoughts? What are your settings? Let's stick to in game for now and not confuse things with custom. I'd be into trying custom once we exaust what the bilt in game and drivers have to offer.

Cheers mates!

• Like Like x 3
  2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I had a CSWv2 and i can tell you that for me LFB had to be at 0 otherwise there was a very pronounced lump or notch around the center. Its the same on my new CSL DD.
    I also recommend setting FX between 0 or 50 depending on preference. Gain was 75 for me.

3. Tomek666

Tomek666 New Member

Good show mate, I'll give LFB to zero a rip, and agree w/ Fx to taste.
    Looks like we have similar tastes and observations.

Interesting it's same LFB for CSL DD, which makes me more confident it will apply to CSW V2.5 too.

Edit - Okay gave that a rip and while setting LFB to zero did remove the "notch" in the middle I can't stand how feather light it feels at low speeds (super unrealistic). Using LFB 3 now.

Any options in the dirvers to just add more overal general friction perhaps? How else can we slove this? Higher torgue base for more realism at low speeds?

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
  4. kune

kune New Member

You need some in-game damping otherwise the steering becomes too hyper reactive which is not realistic. Reiza stated that 0 damping is really just meant for budget wheels that are slow by design. I usually keep damping around 30-40 and DRI off. Here are my settings:

Default+
    DRI 0
    Damping 40
    Gain 70-80
    LFB 80
    FX 50

Last edited: May 30, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

The CSW2 has so much friction that for me adding any extra dampening really detracted the FFB effects, on my CSL DD I struggle to get a nice middle ground.

6. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Default FFB with game settings 67/0/50/10/10

Fanatec settings:
    SEN auto, FF 100, DRI off, FEI 70, FOR 100, SPR 100, DPR off, BLI 090, BRF 050

If these settings feel too loose and with too much self-oscillation, changing from DRI off to DRI -1 adds some extra friction and provides a completely different FFB feel.

7. Smurth

Smurth New Member

PROFILE: Default+
    GAIN : 90%
    LFB: 0%
    EFFECTS: 100%
    DAMPING: 10%
    03_AMS2.PNG

Last edited: Apr 26, 2023
  8. kune

kune New Member

Try turning up the LFB to 80 or even higher. Without this, you don't get the centering force when cornering or at high speeds. If you compare to other games like AC, you'll notice right away that in AMS2 the centering forces are too weak.

9. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Fanatec AMS2 settings.jpg
    Here is a silly little chart that compares Reiza's recommended V1.4 settings for Fanatec DD wheels alongside Fanatec's pre-V1.4 settings for the CSW 2.5.

As you can see, there is a lot of agreement and overlap between all Fanatec wheelbases in terms of Fanatec wheel base software settings. Obviously, the pre-V1.4 in-game LFB & FX settings for the CSW are irrelevant ... but each AMS2 user has to go through the same basic procedure anyway: AMS2 V1.4 FFB

Last edited: May 31, 2023
  10. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I was using: 65/15/50/0/Dri -2 on my Fanatec. With my DD1 I am using 42/2/50/50/Dom's settings, but 75% strength, so I use 15nm peak. It can go beyond it a bit. Works awesome.
    Witth my CSW 2.5 I had a lot of fun with these settings.

• Like Like x 1