1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2 Weather ideas/suggestions

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Msportdan, May 31, 2019.

1. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

We all know PC2 had a great weather system but was let down imo by some of the features not being able to be more editable/adjustable. I just want to create a list of things I would like Reiza to fix/add to the game so we don't repeat the same potential issues(if they haven't done already of course)

Also im basing this off the system already in pc2 - Reizas system could change.

• Have the option to select certain weathers you don't want in the session (ie: if you don't want snow or storm deselect/select them to be the omitted from the dynamic weather. This way you could do away with the season preset and let users predefine their own season weathers so to speak.
    • Have the number of weather slots per session, randomised by option. So in a race we wont know how many times the weather changes. Rather than knowing it will be 3 or 2 for example.
    • Maybe using a %scale slider for weather possibility, like the attached (from a java mod for pc2). So you could set a heavy % for clear happening over cloud or rain/or viceversa.
    • Apply the whole weather setup across all sessions., or just one. So if you wanted a sunny Q but have a dynamic race.
    • Have random start time for Q/R like AMS.
    As mentioned the weather is pretty good, but pc2 limited or narrowed our options for what we wanted the system to do/not do. For me the top 2 are essential for a better experience.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 31, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Yes, a UI that facilitates a variety of realistic for racing weather settings and options, both random and prescribed, would be much appreciated to take best advantage of the impressive Madness capabilities.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The majority of the features you asked for are already available in the game, the only time you couldn't adjust the weather features was during career mode. :)

4. Msportdan

For example?

As none of the features I mention are in the game. I'm talking and if you read, more adjustability.
    Thanks

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  5. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I would like the option to eliminate certain weather systems when random is selected too.

My mistake, I was under the assumption sync to race spread out the weather across all sessions.
    I didn't realize it was per session.

Thanks

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

I like all your suggestions
    I do a lot of wet weather test with ai and would like to adjust the amount of rain.
    Storm is not very stormy, lack of wind.
    Weather and livetrack are for me are great but not that far from superb, Im hooked on it.

Weather Setting underused options?. Have you raced in High wind's?

7. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

Definitely would be nice to disable some of the states.
    Also things like probability of rain etc. and some approximate weather forecast in the session.

8. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh boy. I love random weather. I always pick 4 weather options. One random. Sync to Race or so. However, I don't want to race during thunderstorm or when it really pours a lot. I don't think that's safe. Would love to disable that. Others are fine. (Perhaps heavy fog with cars that do not have lights)

9. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Certainly more sliders
    jackie.jpg WMCBD_500.gif

Last edited: May 17, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Msportdan

I think we also need a random slot number. So we don't know at what interval the weather will switch.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I was lately thinking about:

• Reiza hosting a server with some real weather app or ping from a website. Then if you want real weather you just subscribe 5 cent per month, so Reiza can download and upload real weather from all the locations to you, and everyone who has subscribed. .
    If I am right SMS did stop real weather months later because it was too costly, because they needed to pay said weather-station for the information.

• Informative Informative x 1