1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else have an issue with VR where it constantly loses center?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by hachikid, Jan 7, 2022.

1. hachikid

hachikid New Member

I haven't been able to find what's at the root of this bug, but for whatever reason when I'm in VR, the headset just suddenly loses it's center. This could be on the straight, it could be in the middle of a corner, it could be when I'm two wide with another car and I'm trying to not run them off the road. I just did some laps with the AI at Spa in 2021 F1 @ Spa conditions (that's a fun setting, btw), and the headset was just constantly losing its center. I was having to guess my head was straight ahead enough and hit the re-center button on my wheel several times per lap. Is this a setting issue or a setup issue somewhere? Or is this a random bug that doesn't have a solution yet? Any help?

For reference, I've got an Oculus Rift S and it's being pushed by an RTX 2070 Super.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Experienced this issue several times during online races. I have a Quest 2.

3. Gazzawesty

Gazzawesty Skunkedup AMS2 Club Member

My rift s does this loads, I just recenter whilst on a straight. I'm not sure if it's because I sit facing the TV and the moving image messing with tracking or the room lighting or the game itself. I don't use the rift for anything else so haven't tested with other software.

4. hachikid

hachikid New Member

Ahh, it's super frustrating right? I was REALLY looking forward to possibly making this my new main sim, but this issue is definitely a dealbreaker. Is there a way I can message the makers of this game directly or do they have an official place for feedback/questions? I'm assuming a discord?

I don' think that's the issue. My sim rig isn't facing my monitor at all, as I don't really have the room for that setup, and I'm still experiencing this issue really frequently.

5. F_B

@hachikid This forum is the official place to talk about issues like this. The devs are here.

6. dryheat94

dryheat94 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I have a Rift S and dragged it out of the closet a couple weeks ago to give it a try in AMS2. Other than the view constantly wandering and having to be re-centered, it was really a great experience. For now I'll stick with my monitor and wait to see if this is fixed in the end of month update.

7. tank2

tank2 New Member

Same thing here. I have a Samsung Odyssey +. Constant re centering. Have to pause at the start of every race to center the view. Most times, I start the race looking out of the drivers side window.

8. Remco Hitman

Remco Hitman Member

I have an Index using SteamVR with one lighthouse and I have no centering issues. I'm wondering, is it only with AMS2 that you guys have this issue? I know that this can happen when there are shiny surfaces between lighthouses and the headset of if there isn't enough ambient light if you use inside-out tracking, but you would see that happening in other applications as well. Odyssey can lose tracking if it is overloaded.

9. F_B

Happened only in AMS2 for me, no problems in AC, Raceroom or Iracing.

10. Mystikal

Mystikal New Member

Same issue since yesterday with the hp reverb g2 and 3060ti. I did a reboot and it was solved. Looked like tracking issue.