1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Using Samsung Odyssey+ For VR with AMS2?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by newbert, Mar 2, 2020.

1. newbert

newbert New Member AMS2 Club Member

Just wondering what settings (within AMS2 and within SteamVR) that Odyssey+ users are using with AMS2.

My system is an i7-7700, 16 GB Ram and Nvidea 1660TI videocard. I'm getting about 75-80 FPS with a 15 car grid at Brands Hatch. My VR settings are lowest in-game and 100% SS in Steam VR. At these settings FPSVR shows the GPU bar turning orange at times, so I'm just wondering what, if anything, that I can do to improve FPS and clarity?

Overall the VR performance is not bad by any means, but I'm always open to trying things to improve it.

Thanks!

2. Temüjin

Temüjin New Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm using a 2600x and 5700XT anniversary edition.

VR performance seems to be not so great for me at the moment. Whether this is due to something in my setup, or something related to how AMS2 deals with VR is not clear to me yet.

Performance on my 3440x1440 monitor is great (about 2.5x the framerate that the Odyssey+ headset is giving me, which is a difference that does not match with the pixel difference).

In short.. With most settings on High, I'll easily reach the 100fps stable on my monitor
    But with the same settings, or even when I lower the settings.. I barely get above 50-60 in VR.

3. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi New Member AMS2 Club Member

I spent a few hours experimenting today and have to say very disappointed with VR performance as could not get a decent picture with same settings compared to other games (except ACC of course as thats very hungry)

Here are my specs and settings which gave me an acceptable result. For me acceptable means the following:

1. FPS is almost always at 90. With these settings, it does occasionally go down to 80
    2. High Super Sampling which give me a decent image.
    3. High MSAA and Texture Filtering as this gets rid of the blurriness

upload_2020-3-22_9-40-13.png

Notes:
    1. Generally I use SS 220, but with these settings I had to get it down to SS 170
    2. MSAA had to be set it to Medium and TF Anisotropic x4. For ex, in rF2 I can go max in both.
    3. Its acceptable, but tbh not good enough

If you guys find anything setting that help let us know :)

upload_2020-3-22_9-41-28.png
    upload_2020-3-22_9-42-44.png

upload_2020-3-22_9-43-12.png