1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone using SimHub ShakeIt Bass Shaker option?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Sting Ray, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Sting Ray

Sting Ray Member AMS2 Club Member

Brand new to the Bass Shaker side of things so looking for guidance from the experts on here.
    If i turn on Road Rumble, Wheel Slip, or Road Impacts then the little live effects graph shows maximum output when driving along a straight bit of track at 30kph. Not sure how there can be any wheel slip or such high amounts of road rumble at low speeds, i assumed wheel slip would only kick in for oversteer/understeer or dumping the clutch off the start?!?
    Have been testing using the P1 AJR Honda at Silverstone if that makes any difference
    Anyone using the bass shaker option care to share their setup please, or is there something wrong with the way AMS2 is providing the necessary telemetry data into Simhub?....thanks

2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I can share my profile when I get back to my PC later this Arvo.
    Those effects shouldn't be on for no reason. Once you get this sorted your going to love it.
    What shaker/s and amp/s do you have?

3. Sting Ray

Sting Ray Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey..cheers for responding. Look forward to seeing your config. Mine is very basic. A front and a back little Puck things (Dayton Audio) with a Nobsound amp, so about as cheap as you can get it. However (and i am comparing it to having nothing) i have been quite surprised at the feeling it gives, albeit i have turned all effects off other than kerbs and gearchange due to the constant "noise" per my initial message

4. Hangon

Hangon New Member

Hello Jedi..I had previously been using simvibe..but after a upgrade and losing my favorite profile I have switched to SimHub and been trying to learn/adjust. Could you send me that profile for AMS2? Would be appreciated. I'm running 4 mini LFE at each corner of my rig

5. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

I have the Buttkicker gamer 2 via sim hub. AMS is for me the hardest one to figure out for settings. I’ve found that the car and track combo dictates the telemetry output.
    For example the back straight of Montreal in a sprint car, I can feel the BK constantly humming. If I take out the GT3 BMW on that back straight, I have to turn the amp down because it shakes and makes awful noises. I’ve also found that when the tyres warm up, usually part way through lap 2 the humming lessens too. If you go over the red high platform kerbs in a chicane at Montreal, the noise the BK makes is loud and screechy. If I take the sprint car to brands hatch gp, everything is balanced and no crazy BK noises. It does feel like the track mesh for each particular track, is giving out wildly different data to SimHub. Especially compared with all other sims.
    AMS2 is the only sim for me, that makes the BK hot to the touch. All other sims it gets lukewarm at the most.
    The colour and height of the kerbs also makes a difference to the BK. Blue and white always feels consistent and smooth, where as the red and white high kerbs are really loud and the flat red and white brands hatch kerbs are feint. Driving any car at Jerez, the rumble strips and kerbs feel alive, consistent and amazing. The same goes for most of the black and white kerbs at Silverstone.
    AMS2 is definitely my favourite for kerbs and rumble strips, it feels amazing, when you have the correct amp volume set to a specific track. I also really like the sensation when you lock up in conjunction with the wheel base.
    My next session on AMS2 I’ll be digging into the macro settings of SimHub to try and tweak settings to get the consistent experience I get with the other sims. Just playing with the volume dials isn’t giving the me balance I want for AMS2. Failing that I’ll have to make different profiles for different car and track types.
    All the other sims I drive, one setting for each game is consistent for any car and track combo. AMS2 I’m finding needs a more bespoke approach.
    Interested to see other people’s settings.
    I use gear shift, road rumble, wheel lock and wheel slip. All other options I have turned off.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
  6. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

For anyone using Shakeit below are my settings if interested in trying, there is no science behind it, just what i like the feel of, no idea if they are even remotely realistic on not.
    I have this running through 4 50w RMS shakers, one for each corner, to me Shakeit effects have more kick and more tunability than Simvibe. It is seriously impressive what Wotever has does with Simhub!
    Cheers Wheels Lock.JPG RPMS.JPG Road Vibration.JPG Road Rumble.JPG Gearshift.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. GLEN M MCDONALD

GLEN M MCDONALD New Member

can I ask you how you got it to work? Icant have normal audio and the buttkicker working at the same time...

8. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think you need a separate sound card, that is my understanding of it. One for your PC audio and the other dedicated to your shakers. Not sure if there is any work around or not with only onboard MB sound.