1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are the AI just not effected by Fuel load / going off track or is just me?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by geekyhawkes, Jul 23, 2021.

1. geekyhawkes

geekyhawkes Member

I am finding the AI really difficult at the moment in open wheel racing (lack of respect/space and general willingness to crash into me or themselves) but anyway...

are the AI less effected by fuel load than we are? Wondering as when I start long races in Fult (with over 110L fuel onboard) the AI seem to have me until about half way through when I can catch them and then in the last 1/4 fly past with ease - I am assuming fuel load or I just terrible with full weight on board?

also - are the AI not effected with loss off grip off the track? They seem to be able to make racing pace even very off line meanwhile I put 1mm off track and its like driving on ice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

AI laptime fall-off is definetly something, that needs attention.

AI is losing grip off-line, but it's also indeed not everytime noticeable like it might/should be.

Some of these factors are in the process of getting some attention, tho. If you spot some serious discrepancies, feel free to report it in the Official AI Report Topic :)

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. tk84

tk84 Member AMS2 Club Member

Is it just me or how do you feel about the AI with cold tyres and brakes at the start of sessions? I'm constantly following them out of the pits and mistakenly trying to brake at the same point they do for the first corner which 9/10 I don't make compared to them. Always having to remind myself that I can't use the same braking points as they do for the first lap or so..

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Which AI strength/class it this? Typically the AI brake much earlier than the player needs to but get a speed boost out of corners.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I mostly use open wheelers and those are slow in the corners, so I must brake earlier than normal, when racing AI
    You should tell us what car, track and circumstances, if you want a more precise answer.

• Agree Agree x 1