Artificial intelligence braking in vacuum

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Gleidson Silva Pereira, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Gleidson Silva Pereira

Gleidson Silva Pereira New Member AMS2 Club Member

I have noticed that the artificial intelligence, in a line, take the car and vacuum, when you approach, instead of trying to get through, slows down and if you look behind. This happens with all the mods, how to solve this?

Just pass each other when the car the front misses, or when there are more than two cars together, the two forward flock and who comes back wrong, otherwise, is one behind the other, sometimes out of line of the car ahead, but with a certain distance behind and does not pass in "normal conditions".

In the plr, already enables the option that makes the AI use 3 racing lines.

2. gongo

gongo Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

-

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  3. Erick Goldner

Erick Goldner Active Member AMS2 Club Member

He tried to mention about the Slipstream, so when a IA car is behind another IA car and gain more speed due to the slipstream, instead of going for the overtake, it breakes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep, the AI should be more aggressive on the use of draft, at least with each other (if it's a issue with humans). When they do this the whole grid will just slow down. It's a bit strange when you see them hitting the brakes when there is still half of the straight till the corner.

• Like Like x 1
  5. gongo

gongo Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

-

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  6. Gleidson Silva Pereira

Gleidson Silva Pereira New Member AMS2 Club Member

Is this. Thanks for the help.

The AI, following another vehicle closely approaches as hard as he can and brake, the right would take another line and try an overtaking.

It wasn't always this way.

I am Brazilian and I'm using the translator, sorry

7. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

That is indeed odd if you get spikes even in main menu. Is the HD LED flashing?

8. roby13

roby13 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

wrong thread?

9. Paul Fenwick

Paul Fenwick Member AMS2 Club Member

My one big problem with ams ai is the lack of draft overtaking... Ruins the immersion completely

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

is there a possibility of having two fast paths down a straight for the ai to go into?

I would like to know the exact reason why they dont do it. Ive searched for hours on the net to this problem, and its appeared in all Gmotor games even in rf2. There doesn't seem to be anyone that can fix it even the devs.

But you play AC and they will happily draft you to the point you actually have to defend the next corner. Think even cars do this. It is frustrating and i dont think this will ever be fixed using this engine imho.

sadly... :(

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  11. P*Funk

P*Funk Active Member

Its not that the gmotor engine is the problem its that the AI component has limitation that need to be overcome with probably a total rewrite from the bottom up or just a whole lot more investment in time than they have for AMS.

I think people should recognize that a game engine is not some solid block of steel that's been machined and can't be changed much. So much has been changed, it just that changing the AI is easily one of the hardest things to do and it took AC much of its development period to get their AI to do what the AMS AI seldomly does, but then again so many other aspects of AC AI is behind what the gmotor AI does best.

AI programming is really hard and no sim has managed to get it all right across the board. However what I can say is that some tracks and some cars do pass better. For instance the Formula 3 on the short version of Barcelona by Patrick has great passing behavior as far as I can recall. Much of the issue comes from the AIW and that itself can be a major labour to get right and probably one of the big limitations of the existing rFactor based system. Many cars for instance do poorly on an AIW that works well for others.

12. Kevin Peat

Kevin Peat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Agree with most of your post but try a race in AC with multi-class AI and see how well they have really fixed this. Sometimes the faster cars will pass but a lot of the time they just follow the slower car down a long straight and don't pull out.

I don't think the AMS AI are too bad really. If the Reiza17 AI just adds decent drafting and blocking I will be happy. I also like that AC AI now has some small random element with some variance in AI laptimes and occasional lock-ups. That kind of thing adds quite a bit to immersion.

13. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Do a multiclass racing in GTR2 with a track that has a good AIW ;)

14. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

...wait...AI drafting and blocking thread again?

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

on that note I'm bailing out, before the headmaster comes back in lol :)

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. Paul Fenwick

Paul Fenwick Member AMS2 Club Member

True lol but still IMHO the biggest immersion killer in ams which is such a shame to me. Has a dev commented on this? Apologies if they have!