1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 'Hijacks' Auto Rotation on Fanatec CSL Elite

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by James Barrington, Dec 7, 2021.

1. James Barrington

James Barrington New Member AMS2 Club Member

I have a problem with the auto-rotation setting on my Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 wheel base that only occurs with Automobilista 2, although I vaguely recall that Project CARS 2 did a similar thing back in the day and was one of the reasons it disappeared from my hard drive eventually!

The wheel base supports up to 1080° of rotation (although 1050° is where it seems to physically top out) but whatever I do AMS2 will always restrict it to 900° no matter what I try. This doesn't cause any problems in the game itself, I'm not even sure if any cars use more than 900° but the real problem is that it physically locks the wheel to a max of 900° after exiting the program but the wheel drivers see the rotation as if it were 1080° and the only way to rectify this is to go into Windows game controllers in the control panel and it sort of releases the wheel back to the normal parameters.

I have tried practically ever combo of settings and numerous wheel drivers old and new and the issue is perfectly repeatable 100% of the time. If I load AMS2 with fresh settings and the wheel turned at full lock as soon as the splash screen loads it will move the wheel to the 900° mark and then it's impossible to set auto-rotation to what it should be. As I said, every other sim or game I have tried over the years besides PCARS2 has worked exactly as expected so I'm wondering if there's an underlying issue where the game takes control of the driver, maybe it expects 900° because most other wheels have that rotation.