1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 November 2021 Development Update Part 2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 22, 2021.

1. Jean-Yves Mercy

Jean-Yves Mercy Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes and Mid Ohio .
    The circuit appeared for a short while during the development of PC1 or 2, I'm not sure, but it never came out in the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Taken together, the two developer notes are absolutely stuffed with goodies. They are a testament to Reiza's hard work, attention to detail, and love of motorsport and simracing. If it all comes to fruition, AMS2 is going to make a lot of people happy.

Also, given AMS2's long gestation in the teeth of the gale, I think this should be Reiza's unofficial (and distinctly cheesy) theme tune :D:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Just to clarify for those who aren’t aware. The only copy paste track in AMS2 is Azure/Monaco (and even that is getting a redo).
    Every other track is built from scratch. The only thing reused are some track assets. The “repeated” tracks aren’t about the engine and saving time, but about popularity and licensing cost or even ease to license (licensing discussions can take years).

• Like Like x 14
    • Agree Agree x 7
  4. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Like Cleveland, you mean?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

'I'm Paul Page, from Papyrus, this is IndyCar Racing!'
    I just loved that intro to IndyCarRacing 1

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Luke Blum

Luke Blum Active Member AMS2 Club Member

HI, IM PAUL PAGE, FROM PAPYRUS, AND THIS IS INDYCAR RACING :cool:

• Like Like x 3
  7. Luke Blum

Lmao I didn't even see that you posted that haha that's awesome

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Luke Blum

• Like Like x 3
  9. Shpalman

Shpalman Member AMS2 Club Member

now i know why this track stutters in the game (in vr)...it stutters also in real life :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

I don’t know why people keep making that assumption, as stated before we already used all track assets we had from SMS, and in any case having them was not the main reason we chose these tracks but rather the fact they are great tracks. The third track happens to feature in PCars2 and also many other sims as it’s a great track, but our version is modelled from scratch as is 90% of our content. If you want to pay tribute to our hard working, super talented track team please avoid suggesting their work is someone else’s unless it’s one of the few exceptions :)

• Like x 45
    • Winner x 20
    • Agree x 13
    • Friendly x 3
    • Optimistic x 1
  11. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So this essentially confirms it's either Road America, COTA, Sonoma, or Indy Road Course.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ricardokil

Ricardokil Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I have three questions if you can answer, thank you.
    The first: Is it possible to put an option to choose other pre-configured strategies before the race? Today it is only possible to keep the one already chosen, there is no way to change to another one.
    The second question is related to licenses, with the allocation or transformation of the WTCC is the license the same as the WTCR? If not, wouldn't it be a good fit for AMS2?
    The last one, series like GT3, GT4 and GTE are there plans to continue adding new vehicles until the latest ones, would the restriction be the value of these licenses?

13. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not sure if I understood correctly, but today you definitely can set about 10 strategies and change the selected strategy on the fly through the ICM.
    What I find currently annoying is the fact that if you want to update one of the existing strategies you actually need a strategy slot available. Makes absolutely no sense at all.

14. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It was mentioned in this very update as yes.
    Plus in case you missed it in a comment on Part 1 of the development Renato made a comment that read like "there is nothing preventing us from having a class of 2022 GT3s" and his usual whistling emoji. So that would seem like expansion to me... :D

15. Ricardokil

Ricardokil Active Member AMS2 Club Member

That's right, I have to have several strategies made, so I can switch, but adjusting a strategy to not occupy another slot is not possible.

16. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

Interesting. I reckon COTA might be it, considering it is on the F1 calendar so it allows crossover in that respect, I imagine it is also the track that would be most likely to present licensing issues.

17. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

That's a good guess
    On the other hand Renato said PCars2, so one could argue it's either COTA or Indianapolis since those tracks are in PCars2 but not PCars1 while Road America & Sonoma are in both games.
    Imo any of those 4 tracks would be good additions to AMS2.

18. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You're probably right. I like COTA, it's one of the better Tilke circuits, but I was secretly wishing for something from the IndyCar/CART classic circuits.

Though Indy Road Course would fit the era of Rubens and Massa racing in F1. Indianapolis would also have crossover for the oval content in Pt. 3, given Reiza seems to intentionally be withholding the Daytona and Monza oval layouts even though we have the track. :oops:

Oh well, I already knew to not get my hopes up for Mid Ohio.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It is possible in the ICM on the fly as well. You can change tire change strategy, amount of fuel, repairs to be done. All on the fly. The menu is a bit deep but now it persists on screen for 20s which makes it easier to do

20. Bart Hendrikx

Bart Hendrikx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Daytona....

• Funny Funny x 1