1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.0.5.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to v1.0.5.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 31, 2020.

1. psone

psone Guest

Even with TC off on the Porsche it still feels a little dead/safe, will have a try with the Merc and Macca tomorrow. The Cup, dodgy suspension aside, drives more like I would have expected the GT3 to drive with TC off, but anyway what do I know! :D

No doubt with a few tweaks here and there it'll be in a good place.

• Like Like x 1
  2. psone

psone Guest

oops! pressed something I shouldn't have there.

3. Kiryu

Kiryu Member

Ok, after deleting the documents folder and setting everything up again, i am not sure if i would completely agree that the GT3s in general have too much grip anymore, at least not as a broad generalization.

The Mercedes actually felt pretty good and it was possible to spin it. Maybe the initial impression came from the fact that a lot of cars where a tad to loose before (at least for my taste)?

That's good to know!

I hope it will be possible to change TC while driving in the future, just like brake bias. Seems like it is not possible to assign a dial to that right now, or am i blind?

Force buildup when cornering was really crazy on some tracks though, not sure if that is intended, especially in the merc.

I also tried the McLaren and the steering felt super light in comparison, almost disconnected, is that on purpose? Maybe it's like that in real life, if so, it's really possible to feel that difference for sure.

I tried the Group A cars afterwards and also felt that those had a bit more grip mid corner in comparison to how they drove before, really liked that and found them to feel a bit more like i would expect a racecar to actually do.

The bounciness though really is a problem. In fact i stopped driving the Porsche Cup after half a lap because of unrealistic forces in the steering wheel due to the problems with the suspension. And i really wonder how this could slip through quality control o_O

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is the 90s version of the GP track also being made? The one without the Mercedes arena and instead of it the Castrol S?

• Like Like x 2
  5. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh New Member

Update is pretty good but man, should not have launched with the Porsche bugged like this, all 3 of them jump like crazy.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Personally I think the Gt3/4 are the least fun car to drive. Anyway:

• Porsche GT3 is too bouncy
    • Mercedes GT3 FFB is too heavy
    • Mclaren GT4 FFB is too light
    • Mclaren GT4 dash is too pixelated when using the correct fov
    • Nurgburgring some popping, like black pole at final turn
    • New MP-screen is amazing but needs finetuning
    • FFB feels better
    • Overall it is a great update
    • MP filled with GT3/4 like I foresaw :rolleyes:
    • 900 people playing. Lots of divers, spinners and what not :p
    • Think the Mclaren GT3 is overall the best GT car
    Keep it up, Reiza <3

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Daniel Escalona

Daniel Escalona Member

My Damping was set to 0 by default, I never touched that slider. I even deleted my documents folder before playing and checked my wheel drivers just in case and the issue is still there :(

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I was wondering if we need to delete the documents folder or not, havent seen it mentioned in the blog like previous update

9. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Active Member

I'm on SC2, ffb has gotten way heavier than before, and dmp slider doesn't seem to scale depending on the car like it was supposed to. also the suspension problem seems even worse now.
    (I already deleted the entire doc folder)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

don't ask. Just do it.
    It cost 2 minutes, renaming and starting from scratch. Better than waiting on a maybe wrong answer :p

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh New Member

FFB is indeed so much better, huge difference. But old problems are still present, together with some new ones.

-Grass/Gravel should not be black holes and not made out of rubber that makes your car jump like crazy;
    -Even after messing with camera options, trying to remove camera shake, it's still present;
    -For some reason these GT3's keep locking the rears, I never locked the front tyres. ACC doesn't have this problem at all;
    -Mclaren sound is pretty bad, which is weird considering how good AMG and Porsche is;
    -Nurburgring feels so slippery compared to like Interlagos or Imola, don't know if that's how it actually is, but the difference is huge, makes me wonder if there's something wrong with this specific track;
    -The game would benefit a lot from a radar, I don't know how this isn't in the game already, lap 1 is just pure chaos;
    -AI just turns into me when approaching the corner, I remember this problem from a long time ago, so disappointing to see it's still present;
    -UI still needs a lot of improvement, both to in game HUD and to multiplayer screen.
    -Bugged Porsches(I still cannot believe they decided to launch the car like this);
    -Stock car still feels terrible...

Still, a pretty good patch, but so many problems still present will just drive away players from this game...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Marius H

13. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Active Member

you mean damper slider ingame at zero? from what I understood, it is intended to function in alternative to the wheel settings, eg. I set damper ingame at 15 and at zero into True Drive for Sc2, did I got it wrong?

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

We all had to lower Gain to compensate for the new Default programming.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Marius H

No. I am talking about the driver-settings / wheelsettings from the base itself.

• Like Like x 1
  16. cristian51

cristian51 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Great update Reiza. We love all your effort your putting in this sim! the new content is superb. all cars are so much fun and nürburgring looks great. Just the porche is a bit too bouncy.... all in all, again great work from you guys. you allways surprise us.

17. Justin Trocano

Justin Trocano New Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm sure it's been brought that up elsewhere, but these new cars have some serious bouncing issues.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

I've noticed a lot of serious improvements in feel to the cars I drive a lot. The F-Classics, F-Retros, and F-Vintage have all improved, some more than others, but Im really happy with the physics updates. The existing cars that I've tried all feel better, and the force feedback feels excellent too. I can really feel the systemic improvements this time around. This is probably the first update I've seen yet where I've felt like some of the potential in the original F1 content is finally starting to materialize. I'm really happy with it right now.

I tried the GT3 Porsche and felt like it was some kind of kangaroo car... I mean I can tell there's a fun to drive car under it, but it was kind of crazy feeling. Im guessing in the model there's some unintended feedback loops creating it. Hopefully an easy fix, because I am really liking the changes to the F1 cars that I've felt in the tire/physics models.

The Nurburgring seems.... small? It may just be my VR or something, but the scale of the circuit seems a little smaller than in other games and what the TV looks like. It almost feels like a mini Nurburgring in some ways? Am I imagining it?

19. Marc Collins

Don't try the other Porsche's as the GT3 is by far the best of them.

I agree about the overall systemic improvements and updates to a lot of the cars that have been around a while. I am sure the kangaroo/pogo stick Porsche's will be fixed soon.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Marc Collins

Agreed. It's a bit like Goldilocks right now where the heavy, front-engined cars that should feel heavier than the rear-engined or mid-engined cars do, but a bit exaggerated. The lighter cars are also a bit too light.

• Like Like x 2