1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.3.5 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

010 (1).jpg

This release comes exactly one year since our initial Early Access release on March 31 2020, and we have been pushing hard as we have through this whole year to celebrate the occasion with another major update!

Unfortunately some of the new features and core developments we had hopes to wrap in time for this update didn´t quite make it in time, but the work obviously isn´t lost - while this update isn´t quite the beefed up step we had hoped to deliver, our users can still look forward to these valuable developments making into the game in the coming weeks and months.

Our March update still packs a good punch with another sizeable list of improvements & fixes, additional layouts for the Historic Jacarepagua circuit, and a new historical class - the Formula Retro Generation 2, featuring the iconic Lotus 79!

The most significant physics development in this update is the substantial reduction of driveline friction levels, resulting improved functionality in LSD cars, better driveability and slightly higher top speeds. The default preload and ramp angles have been adjusted for most cars, so setup resets on cars with LSD is recommended.

Championship Mode has also received an important update in preparation for the Custom Championship feature, as now players are able to have up to four championship seasons in progress. A batch of new championship options will be added in an complementary update before the weekend. Custom championship itself is still under development for additional features and has been pushed to May.

We´ll share a bit more details about the ongoing developments in this update and upcoming ones in our upcoming Development Update.
    011 (1).jpg
    V1.1.3.5 CHANGELOG

CONTENT
    • Added F-Retro Gen2 Series (featuring Lotus 79 & generic F-Retro Gen2 Model1)
    • Added more Jacarepagua Historical layouts (2005, Oval, Sul, Stock Car Roval)

GENERAL

• Reduced Multiplayer safe join buffer time in practice / qualifying from 180 to 90 seconds
    • Added option to set maximum limit on the number of AI in official championships
    • Fixed GT1 Championship lap length race sessions incorrectly treated as timed sessions

UI & HUD
    • Updated HUD (will reset customizations): Restyled car info and added vehicle damage widget; Restyled tacho unit
    • Added hints and tips to loading screens.
    • Added warning to opponent settings screen when the number of opponents is grater than the number of available liveries
    • Fixed championship AI aggression input not clamping to correct range
    • Increased loading screen tip refresh time to 20s
    • Added 'Wheel Only' option to 'Display Cockpit And Driver' setting
    • Added extra vehicle info to Vehicle Selection screen informing availability of tire compounds, DRS, boost, adjustable turbo, adjustable onboard brake bias & roll bars, head lights, pit limiter on the currently selected vehicle (accuracy of current info pending further revisions)
    • Restyled Race and Test Day settings screens
    • Fixed untranslated 'Opponent Aggression' label on opponent settings screens

PHYSICS & FFB
    • Fixed FFB pulling to the left under braking or to the right on power (FWD vehicles only)
    • Substantial reduction of friction levels for various wheel bearing models for reduced overall driveline losses, improved functionality in LSD cars, better handling entering & exiting corners, better driveability under traction and slightly higher top speeds
    • Adjusted default preload and ramp angles in most LSD cars (setup reset recommended)
    • Updated engine torque / power curves to suit new wheel bearing values
    • GT / Stock / Proto / wet tire wear adjustments
    • Adjusted F-Retro, F-Ultimate, F-Classic, F-V12, V-V10, F-Reiza, F-Ultimate tire carcass inflation shape
    • Slightly steeper engine compression curve for Cosworth 1974 engine in F-Retros
    • Slightly higher wear rate for soft compound in GT3 / P1
    • Minor rear wing efficiency adjustment for F-Retros
    • Revised aero drag in formula cars
    • Added customized values for tire pre-conditioning per car (replacing old global function)
    • Increased damage rate for grinding & clutchless shifts in manual boxes
    • Adjusted StockV8 2020/2021, Montana, F-Retro, Omega StockCar, Mini UK aero yaw sensitivity
    • Disabled onboard roll bars in GT5, GT4, GT3, F-Retro Gen1, F-Reiza, F-Ultimate
    • Disabled redundant turbo range in Hot Cars / Copa Classic cars
    • Lowered Opala CoG height; stiffened suspension rates to minimise issues with lifting inside wheels
    • Minor adjustments to H-pattern gearbox syncro parameters

AI
    • Increased range of AI performance & some initial customization per series
    • AI Callibration pass to account for new AI range parameters & new driveline physics update
    • Slightly increased AI prudence against human drivers
    • AI aggression is now scaled down during in/out laps of practice & qualifying sessions
    • Fixed issue with AI skill range at extreme ends of the scale and effective lower cap of 84% in multiplayer
    • Fixed bug where the AI skill from personality wouldn't load properly in first session (leading to reduced spread of performance)

TRACKS
    • Weather, climate & HDR revisions for more consistency across the daytime and weather variants
    • Minor adjustments to weather and climates for clouds & HDR behaviour
    • Increased maximum render distance for far terrain at higher graphics settings
    • Spa-Francorchamps: Fixed bad bumps at the outside run-off of Pouhon and Fagnes; Minor art & performance pass
    • Jacarepagua Historic: Reduced road mesh noise; Minor art & optimization pass
    • Interlagos Historic: Reduced road mesh noise; Increased poly density for outer link road
    • Hockenheim: Reduced road mesh noise for all Historic layouts
    • Cascais: Fixed fix flipped armco at T9
    • Goiania: Updated trackside data
    • Revised default date for all tracks
    • Added VR cams for Campo Grande, Cascavel, Snetterton, Curitiba, Londrina
    • Minor art pass to Hockenheim Historic layouts
    • Minor art passes to Jacarepagua and Spielberg

VEHICLES
    • Adjusted LOD settings for wheel and tires in open wheel cars to avoid gaps between transitions at lower detail levels
    • Fixed dark external mirrors in several formula cars
    • Corrected suspension animation to account for camber settings in F-Vintage cars, F-Classic Gen3, F-V10 Gen2
    • Sigma P1: Fixed glitch on cockpit front end
    • F-Trainer and F-Trainer Advanced: Fixed suspension artifacts on cockpit view; Added missing chassi parts to cockpit view; Fixed chassi parts misplacement in LodA.
    • F-Vintage: Fixed engine damage issue
    • Chevette: Fixed cockpit red paint issue
    012 (1).jpg

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 41
    • Winner Winner x 31
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUTOMBOLISTA 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 14
    • Agree Agree x 7
  3. KRRTDustin

KRRTDustin Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I love you guys. No sim can excite me as AMS2 does. Fantastic work! Can't wait to try that Lotus out in a few minutes.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nice. Jacaperagua is one of my favourite tracks in AMS2:)

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. SlowPoke80

SlowPoke80 Active Member

Looking forward to testing the improvements.

Are green tracks still going to start with mounds of dirt on them?

6. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Congrats Reiza for the great sim! Keep up the good work!
    :hurrayreiza:

7. mister dog

mister dog Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Great job! :hurrayreiza:

8. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Great!. May there be more years to come!

9. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Any update with AI updates is welcome in my book.

And nice to see a new class added. I can think of a certain Brazilian's Brabham that would fit nicely into that class too... Hope a generic 'model2' gets added sometime too.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

I wonder what happend to livetrack, I think i saw it on one of the recent roadmap updates or something like that. Was hoping it will all start working now, green track actually startin green and gradually getting rubbered up and shading in turns changing over time, etc.

11. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Observation
    Just running online race. Retro 1 and 2 gens. in game display does not distinguish separate class's

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Maxi Sabino

Maxi Sabino Member AMS2 Club Member

another update without buenos aires:(

• Like x 2
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
  13. Fabio Aragão

Fabio Aragão Member AMS2 Club Member

I expected more. bland birthday

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
    • Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Dann Murillo

Dann Murillo tinyurl.com/osrdiscord AMS2 Club Member

Agreed but we know it is coming eventually. I thought it may show up in this anniversary update as well. Jaca added layouts are awesome. LOVE the oval! Now we just need CART to go with it.
    Thank you Reiza. :)[​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Happy birthday AMS2.
    Look forward to try this update out.

• Like Like x 1
  16. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Nice update guys but the "Restyled tacho unit" it is far worse now.
    With the gear not changing its color from white to red when one needs to change the gear made the widget unusable. I just cannot see when I need to change the gear now, the blinking red on the background is not helping at all.
    Please Reiza leave also the old tacho unit widget as an option!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. kmikiwi

kmikiwi Member

They need to work on Safety Car rules and configuration to make it works well on oval and road. I hope they make it real.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

nice one..

I am still curious as to why I/we can make adjustments to ARB's on the fly with many vehicles that do not feature this option in real life.. Especially if I have my settings set to "Authentic"... One could say then just don't use it however I am sure users are using this exploit in MP & TT..

Edit Add: I see the Ui has these vehicles listed as "YES" for On board ARB adjustment which has added to my confusion..

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

You are already doing a pretty amazing thing with the vehicle list spreadsheet, so i don't want to stress this further :D buuut: Do you have a list of cars, that you know, not featuring adjustable ARBs IRL? ^^'

• Like Like x 2
  20. Darkmater

Darkmater Member

Happy Birthday, and is the f-retro generic in the pic based on the 1979 Shadow DN9?