1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.0.0 & Racin´ USA Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.2.1.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Raceracerace

Raceracerace Active Member

see thats it, I will never make it work to that width with a single 27 inch monitor with 70/63/100/90, so 70 is a great compromise or 68 depending on car with keyboard mappings makes it easier. And its on an arm with a second monitor on another arm other side, haha oh well. The one thing I did right was buy a steel frame for the wheel and pedals. And beleive it or not but my partner she wanted to get VR as well because of this game. So there you go reiza. Selling hardware now to/for casuals. I could not believe my luck when she was going to split the bill no problem and 'that weekend'. We never did but we prob still will one day, of course I was like no we've got enough cables etc/wait for the next vr models.

So I did cockpit 70 and helmet 65 for f-reiza and prob other f1's. It goes alright. The change is the 65 in the helmet and minus the blur effect. I do not turn on speed sensitive fov

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
  2. Raceracerace

For those using the rfuktor lol love that name 4.5 exp 1, you can turn flat spotting back on in the file it has its own section. 1.0 is a decent value. literally search in note pad for 'flatspot'

do you miss flat spotting?

3. Pales

Pales Member

Are there any cool pieces of software I can run on my second screen for AI timings, minimap, standings, etc?

4. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 3
  5. Pales

Pales Member

6. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  7. Pales

Pales Member

Wow. this is exactly what I am looking for. Does it allow you to see historical lap data as well from AI cars?

8. cezar

cezar BANNED BANNED

Reiza, was it the developer's mistake or dirty?
    The season pass is cheaper than buying the 2 expansion packs together. Shouldn't it be the same value? This to me is ridiculous.

9. Iko Rein

Iko Rein Member AMS2 Club Member

Check Telemetry Tool - main

Cheers

10. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

You can set it to record anything from practice to the race. you can set a minimum amount of time to record the session and there is even a nice tool to generate an excel file with the results.

11. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

IMO, ACC has excellent interior sound samples / very good environmental sounds but, in overall terms, I think RaceRoom still has the edge for immersive sound. ACC replay audio is just okay, AMS2 is already exceeding ACC in that way (some cars anyway).

RaceRoom offers lots of audio detail and makes it very customizable to player preference with more settings, even for the gearbox and back-fire effects, awesome work that makes it an absolutely stunning experience in VR with the Valve Index spatial audio effects. I've not experienced anything else like it to date.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Raceroom use their own custom sound engine while AMS2 use 3rd party shelf item FMOD.
    I dont think its mandatory that games using FMOD sounds a bit muffled like AMS2 (IMO) but its interesting that another sim who is greeted by good sound quality iRacing is also using their own custom sound engine.
    One of the good things in Racerooms sound implementation is that the single sound cues (the individual sound sources) is destributed in a very natural 3D "room" that allow the brain to feel at home and not use a lot of resources to try to figure out WTF is going on :D
    Another positive thing in Racerooms sound system is that the single sound cues each has their own "channel" in this 3D "room" - where it sounds like in FMOD (and AMS2) that sound cues is restricted and merged

• Like Like x 1
  13. Manohy

Manohy Member

Got this 8 times today trying to run custom championship.
    I wonder if this feature should have been released yet.
    upload_2021-6-10_17-37-19.png

14. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Replays in AMS2 do get only limited data from the original physics simulation. For quite some time replays were showing quirks like this (especially on the Formulas) but they are unrelated to the physics, it's just a replay thing. It's been mostly corrected over time to the point that it is not crazy evident but possibly not 100%

15. Ettore

It annoys me so much. Feels like you are in a huge empty tank...

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Ettore

It's probably the worst sim for sound.. Everything sounds like a coffee grinder pretty much there

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

If you say so :p
    Hehe its difficult to discuss taste - but eventhough its several years ago I was a member then at least as I recall I had no problems with iRacings sound.;)
    And as a further point because I know a few things about gaming audio systems I had a discussion with one of their devs involved with their research in an even more advanced system: Ambisonic.
    Lightyears ahead of AMS2´s FMOD :D

18. Raceracerace

Better sound is always welcome look at the recent improvements and added implementations. But to wonder toward new sound systems is like splitting hairs at the moment. And I appreciate good quality sound like anyone, with a hq sound card with clean signal and decent op amps, a computer hooked up to a receiver and theatre speakers, surround sound and decent sub, and sennheizer headphones with proper jack and cable with amplifier.

I alone would benefit from sound as much as anyone. But won't be asking for it.

Still can't get over how much the f reiza has improved at Virginia. That's something the Bruno guy did put me onto. If it's good sound they'll get a lot of distance with re recordings of some things, owing to covid and new knowledge. Added nuance to the sound would be great but it's probably not top of the list. I'm not sure how lousy fomod is if it can do the new curb sounds..

You know sound. Then you will know how manipulative or plastic it is. The drongo's at AC of course the cheap trick of reverb... Travel on the highway fast and wind down your window... it's a cheap affect that helps that game because low sound waves are more directional and it won't be absorbed and bounces back into your ears... Mind you it's a 2014 sim. AMS2 should handily best it. If anything ams2 could use a little reverb look at the gte Porsche.

Go ride a motorbike down the highway for 4 hours. A guy like you, probably need ear plugs. Any sensible person would... But it's the wind noise that sucks. The same frequency of engine for 4 hours straight and a crap ton of wind noise. Ams2 needs more environmental sound as such but the tires need to be heard and the scrub. Iirc I still have them turned down to 30 on purpose from ages ago. And I think the sound all told is real good. Not to say that's where they should rest though.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
  19. BadEngineer

BadEngineer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Have you ever used FMOD? Are you a developer? Pretty curious about this.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Raceracerace

Well any one who developed any sound system post year 2004 when true dynamic on call sound was available to games, I knew a teacher once who developed one such. Would mean fomod is not mega lousy.

Stuff me, we reached the pinnacle of sound reproduction in the 70s. Sound, fidelity, it's reproduction, and it's technical mastery is a long done thing. Even in computers.

And stuff me twice because listen to racerroom and I like rr but it's soundscape is limited. And shared across cars. But it does the job.