Automobilista v1.5.24 out now - Hotfixed to v1.5.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks.

2. mbusa

mbusa Member AMS2 Club Member

Good evening, I wanted to warn you that there is no Snetterton track in the FTruck and Donnington is unable to get out of the pits, they are too low and the truck collides with the box ..

• Like Like x 1
  3. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Automobilista has been updated to v1.5.3 - this is another hotfix to address some of the main remaining issues since the last release.
    • Added a hardcoded SteeringFFBMult value so a car will still have Force Feedback even if value is missing or zeroed in its physics file
    • Fixed fanatec DD base features initialization in compatibility mode
    • Fixed centering spring on game startup for Logitech wheels & small adjustments to rotation range method
    • Fixed Fanatec wheel rumble being turned off in wrong way
    • Donington: Switched off collision for pit building roof so Trucks won´t be stuck
    • Snetterton: Fixed crash in AMS Dedi loading Snetterton 300; Fixed filters so track will be available for FTruck series; Small graphical and object updates

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Spin

Spin Active Member

I just want to report that the AMS freezing/delays and graphical bug (reported here) have not been resolved in the new update. The freezing got slightly worse actually:
    • loading track = 5 or 10s freeze (I forgot to time it). Freeze is from the time the loading bar is full until actually viewing the race event garage screen
    • pressing drive in time-trail mode = 25s freeze
    • pressing drive = 10s freeze
    • pressing cancel from on-track escape menu = 5s freeze
    • pressing exit to pits from on-track escape menu = 10s freeze (5s frozen image followed by 5s black screen, previous version of AMS was only 5s total freeze)
    In the second last version (not the previous but the one before), I was able to get around this issue by either setting "Start Hardware Event Monitor" or "Use Additional Hardware Features" to 0. That workaround stopped working in the previous version and still does not work in this new version. I also set "Fanatec controllers special features update rate" to 0 but that doesn't fix the issue either. I tried all three settings at 0 at the same time.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  5. Alex Couri

Alex Couri Member AMS2 Club Member

I did a test and the Drift series still CTD :(

6. Dann Murillo

Dann Murillo tinyurl.com/osrdiscord AMS2 Club Member

@Alex Couri what settings are you trying? I loaded the drift cars on a couple tracks in the beta and on a couple tracks in the public release and AMS never crashed for me.

7. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

As far as i know, the Drift Series crashes after a lap driven or so...

8. Dann Murillo

Dann Murillo tinyurl.com/osrdiscord AMS2 Club Member

Ahh thanks. Me, the dummy, just randomly drove around since I have no idea how to drift. Yeah it crashes for me also at the end of the first points/timed lap.

9. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

I did check your post here Automobilista bug report thread (Please read the opening post)

So, this won't be solved by anything fanatec. It happens when ffb requests mutex on inputs thread (easy to see from trace file you attached in the link above). Really don't know why it occurs on your end. You can try this setting in controller.ini (can be either 1 or 0):
    "Fixed Rate Inputs=0". (Disclaimer: didn't test effects of this locally).

Yep, expected, it wasn't mentioned in release log as fixed yet. It proves a bit of a challenge, as it happens only on main steam build. Feel free to give one more lap a go, with logging and post trace file here, as we added substantial logging to drift loop in order to hunt where it ctd's.

• Like Like x 2
  10. susuwatari

susuwatari New Member

11. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

Only for drift ctd fix.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  12. sebacabezon18

sebacabezon18 Member

Dont work my wheel Logitech DFP not working any more. Please Stop Updates!!!!

13. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Meh, just backup your profile folder and create a new one...

14. Spin

Spin Active Member

[delete]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  15. Spin

Spin Active Member

Hi DaVeX. You're a backer and quite active on the forums so I'm assuming you're quite involved in the beta-builds. Do you know what happened between the previous AMS public build and the second previous one? Even after a brand new from scratch install I continue to have extraordinarily long freezes every time I load a track, go on track, and go back to pits ranging from 10s to an incredible 25s (TT mode) as of the second previous public AMS build. Before that, the freezes were A) only around 3s and more importantly B) could be resolved by setting either "Start Hardware Event Monitor" or "Use Additional Hardware Features" to 0.

I don't mind if the freezing isn't truly resolved but do you know why setting either "Start Hardware Event Monitor" or "Use Additional Hardware Features" to 0 isn't a workaround anymore? This means I have no wheel buttons available in AMS.

For each of my 3 wheels, I have a Fanatec LCD + 36 buttons (19 wheel face + 17 top of Fan Uni Hub) that I cannot use now. Basically I am now without an LCD, wheel buttons, and button box in AMS.

In the second previous AMS public build, apart from the freezes being much shorter, I could resolve the issue by either setting "Start Hardware Event Monitor" or "Use Additional Hardware Features" to 0. By disabling either of those features, the problem was resolved. Why doesn't that work anymore?

16. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Can I just confirm with anyone else, I had a prolonged period away from gaming/AMS, but since coming back I have noticed from time to time that the AI do have that RF tendancy to lift off in a straight line. It for sure happens at least once (that I know of, and see) a race. Is this something that only I am experiencing, for the record, I have tried a new profile from scratch. I can try again, perhaps?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  17. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Anyone else has issues with the AMS config.exe file crashing every time? Iirc it has been happening since the last major update.

18. Kevin Cox

Kevin Cox Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I was also getting AMS crashing straight to desktop. Wasn't always crashing straight to desktop sometimes it would crash after I loaded onto the track but the steps below fixed it.

The way I solved it was:
    1. Turn off my Fanatec DD1
    2. Load the game and go onto a track.
    3. Quit AMS
    4. Turn on my Fanatec DD1.
    5. Load back into game.
    This would solve my issue. Strange I know. o_O

19. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I don't have a wheel. Game works fine, it's just the config.exe file that crashes.

20. sebacabezon18

sebacabezon18 Member

Tanks Reiza your updates so easy my days.

Attached Files: