Automobilista v1.5.24 out now - Hotfixed to v1.5.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

The final update to Automobilista is out, and with it the last DLCs featuring two popular British tracks as Donington Park and Snetterton are also available both as standalone items as well as a part of the AMS Season Pass:

DONINGTON PARK
    3.jpg

SNETTERTON
    019 (2).jpg

While a hotfix for eventual minor glitches from this release is possible, v1.5.24 is the last major update and marks the conclusion for Automobilista development. To celebrate the occasion we have launched the Automobilista Ultimate Edition, which bundles the base game with the Automobilista Season Pass, granting you all that AMS has to offer in a single purchase, 50% off the full price!

Below is the changelog for v1.5.16 -> v1.5.24:
    • Added Donington Park DLC (GP and National layouts)
    • Added Snetterton DLC (300 and 200 layouts)
    • Updated to latest Fanatec SDK, adding: support for Podium DD; rumble support on wheels and pedals; configurable flag LEDs (when applicable); improved 3-digit display and shift LEDs turned off if ignition is off, blinking if pit limiter is on; LED brightness configurable (when applicable) - all configurable from in game menu. Wheel rotation on game exit is now reset to maximum of wheelbase (can be configured to different value from controller.ini).
    • Updated to latest Logitech SDK - no more need for separate branch for Logitech G29 / G920 on Steam; Logitech G29 / G920 now resets to 900° on game exit (can be configured to different value from controller.ini)
    • Fixed a bug with Thrustmaster rotation detection, now game won´t change Profiler rotation from what it was before launching game
    • AMS Config now defaults to Windowed mode on Windows 10 systems due to Antialiasing failing to apply on NVIDIA cards in full screen mode (in case of problems run AMS Config and disable)
    • AMS Config app no longer crashes on exit
    • Multiplayer: Halved empty autochat message send time (to 15s) to keep connection alive and increased message priority to aid inactivity disconnects
    • Fixed occasional audio artifacts
    • Drift mode CTD possibly fixed
    • Slightly reduced default steering ratio for all vehicles
    • Several skin updates for various series
    8.jpg
    020.jpg

GENERAL NOTES:

This release includes several controller support updates for all 3 major manufacturers so please check the changelog for expected changes.

One such change means Logitech G29 / G920 users no longer have to use separate branches from main release for automatically configuring rotation lock per vehicle.

If you experience any issues running the game following the update, it´s worth running a Steam Integrity Check to make sure all files have been added / updated correctly.

The previous v1.5.16 release remains available as a Beta branch in case you experience any issues with this new build or have an upcoming league race with the old version. Further instructions as to how to switch to a beta branch here.

EDIT: Automobilista v1.5.26 has been deployed - this is a hotfix to address the main issues reported since the last release.

In addition, the AMS Dedicated app on Steam has been updated to rectify a few issues with mismatches.

Changelog below:
    • Fixed a bug that could cause rotation range not being set for older Logitech wheels in some cases; Fixed G27 LEDs not working; Added old method for rotation range adjusting, can be triggered from controller.ini
    • Fixed CTD when going out on track in some cases with direct drive wheel controllers
    • Added Fanatec Podium Direct Drive Preset
    • Snetterton: Revised AIWs; Added garage walls & detais; draw distance adjustments; Adjusted pit & start lights; Racing groove & other minor graphical updates
    • Puma Series: Added multiple performances to puma series
    • F-Classic: Fixed mistakenly commited audio experiment
    • SuperV8: Replaced Plasto Racing Team with Scuderia Basilea

EDIT2: Automobilista has been updated to v1.5.3 - this is another hotfix to address some of the main remaining issues since the last release.
    • Added a hardcoded SteeringFFBMult value so a car will still have Force Feedback even if value is missing or zeroed in its physics file
    • Fixed Fanatec wheel rumble being turned off in wrong way
    • Donington: Switched off collision for pit building roof so Trucks won´t be stuck
    • Snetterton: Fixed crash in AMS Dedi loading Snetterton 300; Fixed filters so track will be available for FTruck series; Small graphical and object updates

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 20
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

3. Uff

Uff New Member

"Wheel rotation on game exit is now reset to maximum of wheelbase"

Thank you, this is really appreciated. :)

4. fisicoF1

fisicoF1 New Member

Dedicated.exe's are not able to find any stock tracks aside Caruaru (and modded content). Error loading up a certain .DLL file. Hope you guys can provide a quick fix for this!

5. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the new update. Those 2 new tracks are a brilliant addition to this game :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Gringo

Gringo Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

All seems fine here.

7. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Is this with full install or the dedicated only app?

Could you please also provide the complete error and any referenced files.

8. henri-sanfer

henri-sanfer Henrique Ferreira AMS2 Club Member

Good news.
    Strange feeling of happiness and sadness to know that is the last update.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

CONGRATS REIZA! Yea what a ride its been.

10. Carr

Carr New Member

Anyone else having problems after doing the update with having no vehicles appearing in the dedi server filter when trying to make a server? I installed through SteamCMD using game id 447760, confirmed fully update and even removed userdata folder to let it rebuild without success.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Tony Binelli

Tony Binelli Active Member AMS2 Club Member

yep same issue, no vehicles, why on a weekend when we are racing grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

uninstalled dedi and restarted, same issue

12. Carr

Carr New Member

I am currently doing a new install using the full Steam version (ID: 431600) instead of the Server version. It means there are a whole heap of files that are downloaded that the server doesn't need, but at least it works. I am guessing they overlooked something or messed something up when doing the server version.

13. Tony Binelli

The AMSdedicated.exe on the server is a different size to the one in my game folder on my PC.
    Copied the AMSdedicated.exe from my computer over to the server and it seems to be working.
    looks like the AMSdedicated.exe on the server side is corrupt!

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Tony Binelli

just copy over the AMSdedicated.exe from your working game folder

15. Tony Binelli

The .dll can be fixed by reinstalling DXsetup in the support-directx folder
    the AMSdedicated.exe is corrupt, i copied mine from my full version over to the server to fix it

16. Tony Binelli

it said something like xinput3.dll missing. directx install fixes it

• Like Like x 1
  17. Carr

Carr New Member

Can confirm, copying the AMSdedicated.exe form a Steam install works, not sure if it is a complete fix, but it works. @Heitor Facuri Cicoti

I had the xinput1_3.dll error, fixed that and now I am getting pthreadvc2.dll error. Got to love updates.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Tony Binelli

Anyone elses Vsync now broken??
    nothing i can do to get vsync working, even forced on in nvidia controller does not work FFS:(

EDIT:read the release notes more closely and turned off windowed mode. my vsync is now working again, phew!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Tony Binelli

this is not an update issue this is a major flaw in the update that should never have got thru:(

20. Philip00

Philip00 Member

Dear @Renato Simioni and @Dave Stephenson

First of all thank you so much for this last update and for all your work and time you invested to automobilista. This is literaly the best sim of the world especailly if you play offline.

However I would like to still draw your attention as we did before with the community to some bugs which still exist after the latest update.

1. When one of the AI is lapping the other AI in the straight, the one that laps the other, lifts off unnecessary instead of lapping it with full throttle.

Here is the related thread regarding this:

Automobilista Bug after new Beta

2. When an AI having gearbox issue they are not retired from the race but continue completing the laps very slowly making mess when the queue reach them (especially when they stuck in first or second gear, in these cases the lapping car loses around 5-6 second per lap which destroys the offline expereince).

Mechanical failures - a couple of questions
    Ai gearbox failure bug

3. Sometimes AIs get +1 lap randomly (in Single and in Multiplayer too)

AI Lose Laps in Multiplayer
    Petrobras Marcas AI Problem

4. Also previously when there was Full Course Yellow, lapped cars slowed down or completely stopped causing chaos as other AI can't overtake because of full course yellow. After trying the BETA I realized this issue is not appearing anymore.

Can you confirm that this bug was fixed?

Automobilista Bug after new Beta

I know this was the last update and you stated that only minor fixes will be inlcuded in the future but those bugs was mentioned by the community way before the last update got relased.

You also there might be update after this where some bug are fixed.

I know that you work on AMS2 from now on, but I am begging you and I can say this on behalf of the community, please fix these bugs to completely finish the perfect game, AMS1.

Lots of people, including me, will buy and play with AMS2 as soon as it is released but but I am sure that AMS1 will not be forgotten and will run on their computers almost every day as we became a huge community(especially who plays offline because of the superior of AI behaviour nad becasue of the modding community which won't be possible in AMS2) so I would like to ask you to fix these issues for the last time.

Thank You for everything

Philip

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Useful Useful x 2