1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best performance graphic settings for all kind of races?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Luismuku, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Luismuku

Luismuku Member

I have a GTX 1060 6gb and I'm playing 1440p on high settings, it's more than what I expected, but the problem comes when I try to race at night or raining, fps drops to 40-50 even if I turn graphics to low (no AA, low reflections and low shadows, and very more) but still the same.

Do you know any special parameter for this situations? I really want to use Livetrack software and race in different situations

2. muz_j

muz_j Active Member

Check your GPU memory usage (RivaTuner or another on screen display monitor is an easy way of doing this), as at 1440p with high settings, you might be exceeding your 6 GB of memory (which will result in a performance hit). If not, you'll just need to experiment, until you find a balance that you're happy with.

...if you can check that as a first step, I think it's quite likely you are exceeding the GPU memory of your card at 1440p (but there's a few variables involved).
    Otherwise it would be useful if you could either list or screen-grab your AMS 2 graphic settings and I'd be curious what clock speeds you have set for your GPU.
    Also what have you set for pre-rendered frames and v-sync within Nvidia's control panel ?
    I have the same card, so I can probably point out anything obvious that will bump your performance up.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Luismuku

Luismuku Member

I've checked and I uploaded to YT, you can see the results here:

CPU Ryzen 3600, 16gb RAM DDR4 3200Mhz CL16. GTX 1060 6gb.
    It works great when it's sunn, but if I race raining or at night... Stutter and fps drops

4. Kevin del Campo

Kevin del Campo Active Member

Theres no such thing as a universal setting for every scenario.
    If you really want such a thing I guess yu could just turn all settings down until you get the desired performance in the most taxing circumstances. Which is kinda what consoles do.
    Depending on your system and what race youre driving, how many people are in the lobby etc youre gonna have to keep changing parameters.

5. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I have the same card but fortunately my card dont have to move as many pixels as yours.
    Because my guess is (like the others) that this pretty decent card cannot cope with both your 1440p and then also night or rain settings.

ByTheWay: Maybe you could try to run the game without any unnessesary progs and services running in the background. Im using a simple script (batchfile) with NET STOP commands shutting everything else down before I start the game.
    The result is that I have only exact 30 services/progs running in the background while gaming.;)
    Hehe or 29 included Task Manager:D

processes.png

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  6. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

Have you tried reducing particle level and density?

I'm not an expert on this, but I believe that rain plus 1440p is too demanding on the video card. Maybe playing on a lower resolution would be a better option. I have a RTX 2080 and play on 2560x1080 with mixed quality (some settings on ultra and some on medium). The graphics look great on rain and night with full grid and my FPS never goes below 100 fps.

I think that, for running smoothly modern games with high graphical setings on 1440p, a top GPU is needed.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

Cool, do you have an example for this?

8. BrunoB

Ofcourse.
    But the time consuming thing for others is that they will have to do some Sherlock thing themselves - figuring out what the different services and processes is named on your PC.
    Otherwise the single net stop commands just dont do anything.
    Just create a simple ASCII text file and name it as example Stop.bat
    Here is some of the content of my Stop.bat:

NET STOP cisvc
    NET STOP FontCache3.0.0.0
    NET STOP ProtectedStorage
    NET STOP PSI_SVC_2_x64
    NET STOP tmInstall
    NET STOP wSearch
    NET STOP PcaSvc
    NET STOP iphlpsvc
    NET STOP FontCache
    NET STOP AeLookupSvc
    NET STOP WinDefend
    NET STOP WdiSystemHost
    NET STOP WdiServiceHost
    NET STOP SysMain
    NET STOP tcpip6
    NET STOP stisvc
    NET STOP etc etc....;)

ByTheWay: Next time you start your PC up all the services/processes does run again - until you launch this batch file again.

• Like Like x 1
  9. BrunoB

Dont think about it.
    Just glad I could help you :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Luismuku

Luismuku Member

Resolved! Upgraded to a 1080 yesterday and no problem playing 2K Ultra jeje

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bull Shark

Thanks:D, will make a file. I’m a former IT guy (fieldsupport) so I know my way around a bit, despite l’m a bit rusty after all those years not working in the IT anymore. I switched my job back in 2012 I believe.

12. BrunoB

@Bull Shark then you probably also know that you cannot do anything wrong with this kind of simple script/batch file.
    1. If the name of the stopped process/service is wrong nothing happens when net stop is called.
    2. When you restart Windows everything is back to normal (= no stopped processes).

ByTheWay: The easiest way of finding unnessesary processes is via TaskManager>Services >Running

Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Bull Shark

Thanks.. yeah I’m familiar with the stuff but as said a bit rusty. Latest OS I worked with in my It career. Was win7. Win98 I can tell you a lot about, win7 a bit and win 10 I still find it hard to find all the settings I need. Lol..

RE. Running process, if you killed to much you can restart it without net start command or just give the pc a reboot. So that is nothing to be afraid of indeed.
    Will test it later today as I first have to bake some croissants and buns for lunch tomorrow. I’m an educated pastry chef. Lol… :D

edit: croissants are already baked and in the freezer and a few for the lunch now are still warm. :p
    1828E308-DE23-4728-8F3E-0AE832C80406.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. BrunoB

Oh man not a pic of new baked croissants on a sunday :mad:
    Hehe because every sunday (EVERY!) in the last 2 years I have been 100% fasting - only drinking tea :D
    Its not to loose weight but to boost the bodys self repairing mode (autophagy) :rolleyes:

ByTheWay: Before starting some Sherlock thing you can probably just grab my NET STOP examples above. Because eventhough they are from W7 I guess the same service names will also work in W10.

• Like Like x 1