1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BMW gt3 engine too loud

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by LugNut, Nov 29, 2020.

1. LugNut

LugNut Active Member

Hi,

I feel the engine volume needs to be lowered. At starts in races it overwhelming loud when I'm next to a BMW while I'm in a merc.
    I've lowered opponents volume in settings, but it was perfect...IMHO...b4 the BMR arrived.

Do I need to post this on bugs section?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

I posted this exact same issue in the update forum yesterday. I’m certain Reiza will pick it up and sort it. They did with the engine and tyre sound cut offs with the pro car and fixed it in a handful of days. Are you playing in VR or normal screen?
    I play in VR and when I race at the Nurburgring in GT3’s, with myself in the Merc, if I have a BMW right next to me, especially the start / finish straight, I can’t hear my own engine, or the revs screaming and pleading for me to change gear. All I can hear is the BMW engine roaring and changing gears and I have to watch my rev lights to know when to change gear. I can hear the BMW engine when it’s in front of me and the closer I get, the less I hear of my own Merc engine.

3. LugNut

LugNut Active Member

Hi,
    Normal screen.

What you describe is exactly my experience. Thanks.

4. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

On trackside replay, if theres a bmw nearby, all you hear is that downshift.

5. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

I’ve found the same at every track I’ve raced at with the BMW. I’ve also found I’m a weak man as I’ve put my house up for sale so I can buy one and hear that ludicrous sound every day....now just got to inform my wife we’ll be living in a car from now on:D

That’s a joke, my house wouldn’t cover the cost, probably by a long way:(