1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brake & Throttle control

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Austen Fitzpatrick, Nov 6, 2021.

1. Austen Fitzpatrick

Austen Fitzpatrick New Member

I can't seem to have the brake and throttle give me any sense of control? I can literally press the pedal a tiny amount and it spits the rear of the car out? Finding it impossible to put a lap together..
    I have tried different sensitivity settings but to no avail.
    I did notice that when the pedals are in combined mode it feels much better but still doesn't feel right and would prefer to have them set to seperate.

Anyone know what this issue may be?

2. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Can you provide us with more info ?, Car Track, Weather and other important race settings.
    And please add your hardware configuration to your signature

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sounds like something is very wrong with your pedal calibration. Use the telemetry HUD to see what is going on with the pedal inputs.

4. Austen Fitzpatrick

OK I will have a good go shortly and let you know more details. I may even include a video to show what's happening.
    Thanks for the response guys I really want to sort this issue because I love the game but have been avoiding it due to now being able to complete a consistent lap. I always resort to assetto corsa which I also like :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Austen Fitzpatrick

After trying differnet settings I came across the assist settings (brake, traction control & stability) not much improvement however i set it back to the default 'off' and tried randomly tried the Gt3 cars and they handle amazingly!
    The problem still persists with pretty much all other cars in the game though? Are some/most cars just broken? Or is their a way you get around it by altering car setups etc? Would of thought they would all be fairly decent as standard..

6. azaris

Something wrong with your installation, try rebuilding the My Documents/AMS2 folder.

7. Austen Fitzpatrick

Here's a quick video showing the control with the GT3 cars its amazing! Close no contact battles (besides some argy bargy touring car style:)) but complete confidence in the handling, throttle etc - really fun racing.
    Any other car and it just spin outs on every corner?
    Ignore the music i forgot to pause my music that was playing in the background ha

8. azaris

How about recording a video of the "spinning out on every corner" instead, with pedal inputs visible on the HUD?

9. Austen Fitzpatrick

Weird, I have just tried a track and car setup that was notorious for spin outs (see vid) when I was playing just the other day - when I posted this thread. I couldn't complete a single lap without loosing the car in the corners? Having just tried again it now seems fine/massively improved?
    I have however since unbound my Thrustmaster wheel, reset everything to default and then rebound my TS-XW wheel instead of 'custom; maybe this is a fix? Do you think the settings where somehow confused when previously bound? If so is their a way to remove the files/folder and reset it completely to be sure?

^I have previously avoided playing this game because I always struggled with the handling but this is now so much better!.. Strange. Possibly a corrupt file?

• Like Like x 1
  10. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Please make sure, that you have calibrated your pedals in the controls settings.

But yes, choosing different wheel make or doing a re-map of controls can sometimes fix some problems, that might occur with certain configs.

11. Austen Fitzpatrick

Yes I had always previously tried to recalibrate the wheel and pedals, altered the sensitivity's in game, even tried different setting in my wheels profile but its only now I have saved the wheel to custom in game then switched it back to my Thrustmaster TS-XW in game that it now seems to have fixed it.. and it is awesome!:)

12. Austen Fitzpatrick

Gotta say I have chance to try it a few more cars now and I am absolutely loving this game now! Just have to find a way to drive that peaky Super v8 as the handling in that thing is really difficult! I guess that's just the nature of the monstrous car rather than an issue with the pedals:confused:

• Like Like x 1