1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brazilian Stock Car series is still a gem, and worth the price of the game alone!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Jeff Scharpf, May 20, 2023.

1. Jeff Scharpf

Jeff Scharpf Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm sure I'll take a lot of heat for this, because everyone is asking for more content, playing all the different series, concerned about AI, etc..
    But if you just take a step back and think for a moment where this all came from.. the Brazilian Stock Car series.. (I knew it as Game Stock Car back then and learned all about the real series and drivers).
    Firing up the 2023 championship season, AI at 100, and medium aggression.. 100% length, everything set to realistic (the races are only 30 minutes long so not too much to ask haha)...
    to me this is pure perfection.
    The racing against the AI is incredible here.. I could not ask for any changes.. they are challenging.. they push you.. race you.. give way if they feel they should.. don't ram you unless you really do something stupid.. they pursue you.. just because you've gotten out in front and you think "heck I can just maintain my laps now" haha.. don't be fooled, they WILL come for you again.. they WILL try different lines...
    I just finished the first race where I actually won a race at AI 100... By the time those 30 minutes were up, I was a ball of sweat.. I never in my life worked so hard to get positions.. and reach the front.. and hold off attack after attack..
    To me, this experience is worth the price I paid for the entire game... I can now go to Youtube (I hope) and see some of the real world drivers to see who I was racing, what is their history, etc..
    I sometimes get caught up in chasing the next shiny object.. so many tracks and different cars to try..
    If you're ever feeling like AI isn't working right, mad about the rain, let down from one of the different cars and how they behave, whether that tire physics or whatever.... just hop into a Brazilian Stock Car, but run a full length race, or better yet start the 2023 championship.
    You will fall in love with AMS2 all over again..
    Now, to get back to my second race at Interlagos.. boy oh boy I need to prepare myself :).

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Ran a league series in the 2019 cars recently...

Once you get used to them they are a lot of fun... Like a Super_V8 that hasn't been woken up at 3am...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Chillblast

Chillblast Member AMS2 Club Member

we just wrapped up a championship using the 2022 stocks and to be honest 90% of our league is glad to see the back of them. they are very polarizing, and a few dropped out as they hated the way the car handled and felt.

the 2019 stocks feel 1000% better thanks to the downforce package they have

4. Jeff Scharpf

Jeff Scharpf Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Well the 2023 cars (or are they 2022?) are definitely a handful and I also don't really like the way they handle. With that said, the racing against AI is awesome. :)