1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BUG report - Fanatec SQ Shifter 1.5 - H-mode

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Rafa Fleury, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Rafa Fleury

Rafa Fleury Member AMS2 Club Member

I have the shifter connected to the DD2 base. Calibrated using the Fanatec Software. In AMS I made sure I re-assigned the shifts position to the right one.

Sometimes when I shift to 3rd, I get 1st and the desired gear, same happen to 2nd and 4th. Very annoying. Usually after the mishifting (and wrecking my race) if I put on neutral and back to the desired gear, the right one is then engaged.

Not experiencing this problem on other Sim (iRacing). Do not have PC2 installed to check.

Anyone experienced this and was able to fix?

H-shifting on AMS2 is soooo good, hate to stop using it because of this problem

2. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rafa Fleury

Interesting... but I wonder why it does not happen with iRacing.

Actually here is something funny: opened iRacing and then the mis-shifting started to happen... then I realized that AMS2 was also opened. Once I closed AMS2, no more problems with iRacing. Isn't that weird?
    Will see if new version of AMS2 coming at the end of the month will make any difference before I start to think of opening the shifter! Thank you for the link!

4. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

I can almost guarantee that the Fanatec shifter problem is not caused by AMS2 - in fact I am certain. The issue is with the shifter - they all seem to have this issue - sometime immediately, sometimes it manifests after a year. Mine started intermittently doing this after about 6 months and just got more frequent until it was unusable. The tape fix takes 5 minutes, is reversible but most importantly works 100%. I applied the tape about 6 months ago and have not had a single misshift since.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rafa Fleury

I was reluctant to open my shifter (I think it's still under warranty) since I could not replicate the problem on iRacing. Then it happened once, twice and then iRacing was also plagued by this problem.

Decided to give it a go with the tape fix as you guys suggested. After 5-10 minutes of work and I have my shifter back working again. Can't thank you enough. Now I can enjoy AMS2 again.

Still puzzles me why this problem was almost never happening on iRacing initially. Regardless, thank to you guys now it is working again!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

Your mistaking correlation with causation. :) If an intermittent problem occurs in one sim and not another it's natural to blame the sim, but it's not necessarily the problem.

Despite knowing this, I've been doing something similar - had problems with my DD2 wheel freezing and rebooting intermittently, i've been exploring potential issues with the sim, with SimLab, with Fanalab, with my PC - and it turns out it is the DD2. With hindsight it should have been obvious. Unfortunately two inches of tape won't fix it so it needs to go back to the mothership so no AMS2 for me for a couple of weeks.