1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bugs, Issues, Odd Behavior + a Few Other Things

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by TR1S, Jan 14, 2021.

1. TR1S

TR1S New Member AMS2 Club Member

Just a list;

Formula Classic Gen 2 Model 1
    Listed as Sequential Gearbox
    Clearly in cockpit, you can see the H-Pattern Shifter moving.

Formula Classic Gen 2 Model 2
    Listed as Sequential Gearbox
    Clearly in cockpit, you can see the H-Pattern Shifter moving.

Helmet Color - They're all Black! Any way to pick a helmet color?

Pitbox/Garage
    Even with the setting in the main menu set to Imperial, several cars are showing Metric settings when making adjustments.

Driver Name
    Really lame that you are forced to use a crappy Steam Screen Name. So I'm competing Time Trial laps against Dirk Diggler (or some other stupid screen name with ZERO Accountability) because retarded screen names have NEVER been used before... a genius.

Replays - Not for nothin', cannot find anywhere to SAVE a replay. There is a menu to View Saved Replays but cannot find where to save one.

Gearbox Behavior / Controller Assignment
    Did you know that if you assign / use an H-Pattern Shifter with a sequential vehicle it behaves like a pseudo Macro? i.e. Driving in 6th gear with a sequential vehicle and when you are decelerating for a corner, shifting from 6th to 2nd will PERFECTLY shift down down down down like the crappy macros that all the no-talents at iracing were/still are using. No wheel lock, no over revs, no misses. It's perfect every time no matter how fast or aggressive. Goofy!

Auto Engine Start
    Even with setting set off, the car still automatically starts.

Blown Engines
    Couldn't do it. I tried everything. Formula Retro, Classic, other H-Pattern cars, top gear straight to First. Nothing! Over revved like anything but no damage.

Damage
    I have set the setting to on. A few times where it seems to revert back to some type of default settings turning it off. Even when I'm sure it's on, I don't see it. Where is it? Is there any? I have it set to the fullest damage option available. An open wheel car can pinball off guard rails and walls at ridiculous speeds with little consequence. Many cars simply will NOT flip.

Any immersion... gone! All the arguments in the world cannot change my mind. Realistic damage changes driving because there are then 'real' consequences.

I did finally see some damage on some of the tin tops and other vehicles. It's still a bit off in that small bumps can cause too much and big shunts not enough.

There should be an 'Unforgiving' Mode or a way to tune realism in manually, like audio, FX or any other setting.

Flat Spots
    Are there?

Just observations from an hour long session last night.

Not complaining, just pointing out some stuff, out of the loop so need some info

Things That Are Good
    Really digging the new Toyota StockCar V8. These cars are some of the most underrated anywhere in racing. The Argentine 6 Cylinder Stock Cars are awesome as well.

The H-Pattern Transmission is about the best of any sim in terms of something half real other than the macro like behavior noted above. Where it does fall short, is even if you mis-shift and grind gears, no damage. Race Room has damage from gearbox abuse but it's too overkill. i.e. Cars that would support clutchless, lift and shift H Pattern still get damaged. Someone need to find the happy medium.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021