1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can no longer navigate the UI

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Old Man Jenkins, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Old Man Jenkins

Old Man Jenkins New Member

Hello,
    Something peculiar suddenly began to happen when I try to select the various modes on the home screen. Actually, nothing happens. For example, the only UI element that responds to a mouse click or wheel button, is Time Trial. But once I am on the Time Trial screen, it does not respond to mouse clicks or any buttons on the wheel (I have numerous FANATEC wheels, and none of them work). The only thing I can do is press ESC to go back to the home screen. None of the other UI elements, including Options, respond at all to any input device. I have tested it on all other sims installed on my computer and all of them work just fine except for Project Cars 2, where I am having the very same problem. I haven't changed any settings on my PC, except for increasing the screen resolution to work with a brand new monitor I just began using.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

2. BigNoseRacing

BigNoseRacing New Member

Maybe try deleting the config file and relaunch the game so it clears all your keybindings etc.

I am at work and I cant remember the exact path right now. but when you delete that file and relaunch the game it creates a new one as if its a fresh start

3. Old Man Jenkins

Hi BigNose,
    Thanks for the reply. I'm having a hard time finding anything that says, or even looks like a config file, other than the HUD config and FinalMode config. Maybe I will just delete everything, and do a reinstall.

4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Which resolution do you play on? This is a very likely one, for causing the hick-up.

You will find your controls settings files under your documents folder:
    C:\Users\*username*\Documents\Automobilista 2\savegame\374689817\automobilista 2\profiles

But i recommend to rename or backup and delete the documents Automobilista 2 folder completely for a test and try with a new profile. I don't think, it's actually controls related.

Something very unlikely: You could also try to deactivate the steam overlay for AMS2 for a test (sometimes it doesn't show up, when the game got re-focussed after minimizing, for whatever reason it might have happened and blocks the proper usage of the UI). But this would be a very strange case here.

5. Old Man Jenkins

The monitor's resolution is 3840x2160, with 150% scaling. I deleted the Automobilista 2 folder in C:\Users\####\Documents, and when I restarted the game, everything was back to normal.
    My initial thought was that it had something to do with resolution. I tried lower resolution settings, but that didn't fix the problem, although I still think it something to do with it.

Thank you BigNoseRacing and CrimsonEminence for your help!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. BigNoseRacing

BigNoseRacing New Member

No worries - just remember to pass on the info to the next person that needs help. :)

• Agree Agree x 1