1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can we disable safety rating system?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by eddhartley, Dec 2, 2021.

1. eddhartley

eddhartley Member

Does anyone know if there is a way to temporarily disable the safety rating system for use offline? I haven't seen in mentioned anywhere, apologies if I have missed it.

My 6 year old son likes to have a go on AMS 2 (mainly because he likes to crash and watch the car damage!) but I don't really want him to destroy my safety rating now it has been implemented...

Is it possible to disable it for sessions offline when you are just messing about (or letting a 6 year old take control?)
    Or is safety rating only applicable when racing online anyway?

2. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

I don’t think offline/single player mode affects your safety rating. Offline race stats appear to be included in your profile but, unless I’m mistaken, that’s all that happens.

I’ve just gone from an online race which did improve my rating score and then did an offline race and there was no change to the score, just my stats which state whats been raced online and what’s been raced offline.

I think you’re good to let your son loose:D

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Makes me wonder: Is it possible to deny access to Multiplayer if you disconnect from the internet, or will that also deny you access to the single-player modes in AMS2?

4. RockettSally

RockettSally The Average AMS2 enjoyer

Don't worry. Your Safety/Skill Rating is unaffected by Offline Racing so you can chuck it on the road as many times as you want.

Also, in Multiplayer the only lobbies that will be ranked are those who have a Rating Restriction attached to it. Lobbies without the restriction (indicated by "Off") are Unranked and you don't need to worry about it.

5. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

The Safety Ranking options showing in Offline session setup pages was an error and is already fixed for the next release.

You can play offline without fearing for any drops in the safety rank and skill rating :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. eddhartley

eddhartley Member

Thanks everyone :)