Cannot adjust sensitivities and deadzones, sliders not working.

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Jason Whited, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Member

Last night while training for a league race, a member of our league pointed out a weird issue to me.
    He said he could not calibrate his pedals, that the sensitivities and deadzones sliders were inoperable.

I checked to see if it was on his end, and to my dismay I find that the same is true for myself.
    Now, I know these were working just a few weeks ago as I had spent quite some time working with the clutch deadzones to make it a bit more user friendly for myself.

After messing around with it a bit, I realize none of the sliders are working at all. They do nothing.

Yes, we've made sure we were adjusting for the right controller (Joy 1 in both our cases)...but, moving the wheel to "Joy 2" had no effect (tried that).

Anyone else noticing/experiencing this issue? If so, when did you notice it?

Any possible solutions to this? Would really like to be able to set my deadzones from the sim rather than using software to do this as it's much easier, so hoping for something.

2. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

I assume it to be the case but just to be sure, this is running v1.5.01?

3. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Member

4. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Member

*Patiently waits for some more feedback and a potential solution. ;)

5. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

Just checked this and it all works fine here. Beta and Release.
    So i don't have a solution but have to ask for further info from you.. Did you recheck this since it happened? Try to do an integrity check from steam.
    If you change some control assignment, does it apply / or does it remain so after you restart the game?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Member

Well, that is very odd.
    I checked this the next morning, after another driver noted it to me and I experienced the same problem that night. I checked this yesterday and was still having issues with it.

Now, the problem is not there.
    I don't know how to explain that, but it is working as it should now.

Thread can be close, no issue, just a driver losing his mind (or something...apparently)

7. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

Well glad it works, but puzzled what sort of gremlins was it.
    We did not push out any updates in last few days, so some windows update or av interference?.. Just wild guessing.
    If you can recall, did the issue persist, no matter being in multiplayer session or offline?

8. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Member

When the issue was pointed out to me by a driver in my league we were in a multiplayer session.
    The next morning I went into the game and loaded an offline practice session because I had the thought it might be multiplayer related. But, it was happening in that session as well.

When you said it was working fine for you, I went into the game and did not load a session. Just went straight to controller settings and checked and all was working fine.

Last night, in the same server as the issue was pointed out to me, I checked and all was working fine.

....I knew there was not patch pushed, so that was some of the reason the issue out of nowhere puzzled me.

No AV interference for me. But windows update stuff, I cannot be sure about.
    I recently found and switched off the "full screen optimization" stuff, but that's about it. No issues otherwise.
    Not sure about the driver that pointed it out to me. Couldn't say.

Gremlins in the machine, for sure.
    But, it's all working fine now...so, logic tells me it was something on our end rather than the sim.
    Not sure what, but "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", yeah? :D

• Friendly Friendly x 1