1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot calibrate wheel or pedals

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by G.Lau, Dec 6, 2021.

1. G.Lau

G.Lau New Member

Hi All

I'm new to AMS2 ... however it has been a very bumpy start :(

When I go to calibrate my wheel nothing moves .... either turning wheel left / right or depressing any pedals.

I have an OSW Small Mige with Simworx V3 pedals.

I tried googling and did not come up with a definitive answer.

Can someone please shed some light on the situation ??

Also is there a quick key to jump out of the game back into windows (ie in ACC its F11)

Thanks

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey!
    Please map your inputs first, before calibrating them.

Also i highly recommend setting the wheel "Make" to "Custom" and map the game fully manually.

You mean ending the game completely? On the top righthand side is an "X" symbol, where you can end it in main menu. In race sessions, just repeat clicking the right mouse key to quickly come out of the session and back to main menu (where also right click should prompt you the exit confirmation).

In the case you can't Alt-Tab the game (with no other application window in the background for example), please open steam overlay first with shift-tab and then you should be able to minimize it.

Unfortunately the game is a bit hesistant to react to an Alt-F4 properly.

3. G.Lau

G.Lau New Member

When I was mapping it would not let me map the steering wheel. I moved it to the left / right all the way to no avail. I switched my motor on/off many times and it still did not work.

However .... after a good old "turn the damn thing off and try again tomorrow" ... that seemed to work. ;)

In terms of the second point ... no I mean like minimizing the window. So I can watch youtube video's (on setup) on one side and implement the setup on the other. Shift+tab didn't seem to work. I'll just have to make do with Alt+Tab

Thanks

I'm assuming race department is the best go to for setup ??

4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Please look up, what combination opens your steam overlay. (In steam settings there has to be a hotkey combination somewhere, you also can configure manually)

If the game doesn't Alt-Tab, you need to get that steam overlay open first, then it will minimize with Alt-Tab.