1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot find where to control steering spring for DD wheels...?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Apr 19, 2020.

Tags:
  1. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Reiza recommend to leave Spring Menu to 0 for DD wheels. After days to reading/tweaking/testing, I finally found the perfect FFB settings for my DD2, EXCEPT I cannot find any settings in the UI for spring force (force that drive the steering back to center).

Should I modify the spring value in the FFB.txt file? Is that my only option? Tips?

2. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

3. VFX Pro

Yes, I do but Reiza to leave it a zero for Direct Drive wheels. Plus, when changed it doesn't impact anything. That's why I was suggesting editing the FFB file itself, but not sure how good of an idea it really is.

4. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

That above option is purely for the centering in the menu's/navigation.

5. NuScorpii

Reiza say to leave it at zero for DD wheels because it can be quite strong. I set it to 2 for my Simucube 2 Pro and set the DirectX spring strength low in the wheel driver too. It's fine on DD wheels, you just have to be careful.

This only affects wheel centering in the UI though. Were you expecting something whilst driving?

6. VFX Pro

Yes while driving. Perhaps, I can use fanalab and crank the game spring effect above 100%... since I cannot find a way in the game or in the FFB custom file to increase the spring where the wheel comes back to center with additional force (natural self-centering). Perhaps, I have to increase the "intertia" setting in Fanalab as well. It's clear I have more experimentation to do :)... but this simulator is the closest thing to any car I drove around the tracks.

7. NuScorpii

You shouldn't need a spring effect whilst driving (there actually isn't one to boost). There will be natural self centring forces due to the suspension geometry. Inertia settings are usually to fake a heavier steering wheel if the one being used is quite light.

• Like Like x 1
  8. VFX Pro

Thanks for your feedback, truly appreciated.

9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

All your problems will be solved when you set LFB, FX and Gain to the right settings. Look around for some other users of your wheel (maybe they will reply here) to see what they are using.

In the meantime, you might want to try this guy's settings: