Can't play online with Steam Play - Proton

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by leillo1975, Sep 21, 2018.

1. leillo1975

leillo1975 Active Member

Hello

I'm a Linux user that executes Automobilista with SteamPlay/Proton. Yesterday I was trying to play a multiplayer game, but it was impossible. When I select Multiplayer,the game start to refresh the list of online games, after a seconds, the game crash to desktop.

I would like to ask to developers if this situation is for an incompatibility issue with Steam Play Proton, or if you are banning the linux players.

If it is the second question, Can you accept Linux players as well as windows players?

2. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@leillo1975 It;s almost certainly an incompatibility somewhere. We aren't actively banning users of specific operating systems. We don't officially support the new SteamPlay implementation, nor are there plans to in the immediate future as far as I'm aware.

• Like Like x 1
  3. leillo1975

leillo1975 Active Member

Thanks a lot for your sincere response. Some time ago I open an issue on SteamPlay-Proton github about your game. Let's see if Valve comes up with the solution. They've already done it on more than one occasion.

4. leillo1975

leillo1975 Active Member

With the last versions of Wine/Proton, automobilista works well online