1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant see my server - regular problem

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Petrolhead, Mar 21, 2022.

1. Petrolhead

Petrolhead Member AMS2 Club Member

I run a discord group and run our variouys sessions on a dedicated server based in Germany
    The sessions are created using Justrace.

So for instance I have two servers running at the moment:
    jr1.jpg

However I quite often have to refresh the lobby several times before I can eventually see them and then sometimes I can only see one of them.

I have just done a refresh and yet again not there.
    AMS2.jpg

AS you canb imagine this is now starting to hack me off and I am hoping someone here can throw some light as to why I am having this repeating problem

2. Petrolhead

Ok so finally after much tenacity I can see them but a pal cant. I have heard that this is a common problerm??

3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Out of interest, are you guys eventually seeing the server after completely restarting the game once?

4. Petrolhead

Did not try to restart the game, just kept refreshing. Are you suggesting that's what I need to do?

5. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm not entirely sure, but some of the reported things occured while testing, but i wasn't able to safely know what's going on.

Would be good to know if it happens for you too indeed, so next time you guys have this issue please try a game restart after the server is up and a report of the results would be highly appreciated!

6. Petrolhead

OK, will do a test and report back

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kro

Kro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

For what it's worth, we rent a server from Emperor & almost every time I restart the server & go to the lobby we can't see it as well, restarting the game works sometimes & when restarting the game does not work, I then restart the server and that also sometimes works! I have gotten used to it so before our events I go through these processes until we finally see the server. I also have noticed if a length of time passes, example: if I don't see the server after restarting & just go away for a few hours when I come back it's there :rolleyes:. gota' love networking:D (we used to see the same with PC2 but as of late PC2 seems to be acting normally & yes I probably just cursed it )o_O;) ..
    Let us know if we can help in any way with logs or anything devs might need to help with this mystery.. simracingonline.co.uk

8. Petrolhead

Ok just been into the AMS2 lobby, I have two sessions going and I cant see either, however one of the members of my Discord channel can.

I exit the game and then restart and still no sign.

Scratching my head

9. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Last edited: Mar 31, 2022
  10. Petrolhead

11. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Oh sorry it is on the beta part. Btw it was a post about the same issues and how we reproduced those several times without finding the cause.
    Basically the same thing you posted here but with more tests.
    We posted about it hoping @Dave Stephenson can give a look soon or later :whistle:

12. Petrolhead

Thanks, J Turn also posted a link which I was unable to access when I was chatting to him in Discord

13. Petrolhead

Just thinking about my AMS2 problem and not being able to either my OLDERIVE lobbies. Could I have done something in my router port forwarding to screw things up. ie an open port pointing to a wrong PC? Just to clarify I am not using any home PCs for dedi now but did in the past

14. Kro

This also happened a lot in PC2's early days. So, are you using a rented server now?
    Have you tried changing your region in STEAM ? steam/settings/downloads/region this is what I had to do with PC2 when our server was in France & I'm in US, I changed my region to a euro region and was then able to see the server ..

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Petrolhead

We use a rented server in Germany, I am based in the UK

16. Kro

As a test it might be worth a try, as you can't see the server now anyway, Maybe just change to another city?
    IDK, but ever since the last patch online play has suffered for us, we have players getting disconnected when we go from ready up to race and/or having long pauses = crashes. We have not seen these type issues for over a year until the last update. we are also on a rented server from Emperor & it's been rock solid (As a multi sim community we have multiple sims hosted by Emperor that are still running solid)

17. Petrolhead

It's just very frustrating even more so when you hear about new cars and track and wonder do they leave any time to sort out existing problems.

To be honest I am currently doing a AC championship through a group who use Emperor and we have been having lag and warping problems

18. Petrolhead

Well I disabled all my port forwarding and I am have better success seeing my lobies now.

Fingers crossed it stays that way

• Like Like x 1
  19. Petrolhead

Huh, thought it too good to be true

I am starting to get very hacked oiff with this game due to this bug and others.

So today joined my server, joined then exited so I could try a diferent car and not matter how many times I refresh I can no longer see it in the lobby WTF!!!! Its still listed in JustRace grrr

It would be nice if someone from REIZA would respond as it been highlighted as a problem by a number of well known AMS2 users
    I

Last edited: Apr 30, 2022
  20. Kro

Ya, I feel your pain For me I have found that simply refreshing does not work all the time. If I refresh like 3-4 times & don't see it I exit & restart the game. I have also had to restart the server if the game restart fails but restarting the game seems to work for me when refresh doesn't work..