1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Caterham 7 FFB

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Scoops, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Scoops

Scoops Member

Since 8.2 update I’m happier with the FFB as it does feel more connected but I’m still missing that intensity from the wheel that you get in the real car from hitting kerbs and bumps.
    Is there anything I can do in game in FFB setting that would increase this?

I’m running a SimPliCity 20nm v3 wheel and have the settings in there sorted or at least I thought I had?

2. CeeBee

CeeBee New Member

Turn up the FX slider. As I'm aware, it amplifies vertical loads such as bumps and kerbs.

3. Scoops

Scoops Member

Can’t send it higher than 100%

4. 250swb

250swb Active Member

Have you deleted all previous profiles in the AMS2 settings folder? So far I'm enormously encouraged by 0.8.2 as it's started to address some of the baffling wheel and car setup problems that I was having.

5. Scoops

Scoops Member

Yep all deleted and recreated, reassigned and recalibrated in game.

6. CeeBee

CeeBee New Member

My CSL is clattering all over the bumps and kerbs at 0% FX. Strange. Have you taken a look at your Simucube (??) damping settings?

7. CeeBee

CeeBee New Member

Which settings are we supposed to delete? I only deleted ffb_custom_settings.txt

8. Scoops

Scoops Member

SimPliCity don’t use sim cube software but I have played with everything I can and still nothing to write home about.

I deleted the whole AMS folder and it was recreated first time I ran game

9. 250swb

250swb Active Member

Yes, delete the entire contents of the AMS2 folder in your Windows 'Documents' folder, leave the empty AMS2 folder, it will be repopulated next time you start the game. Do this each time a new upgrade is released until the game becomes more stable and on general release. One tip I heard was to screen shot your settings so you could return them quickly, but the updates often superseded any old settings making them worthless anyway. Just treat any new update for the time being to as a new start.