Change "percent of default" race length to "distance"?

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Angel Of Attack, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Angel Of Attack

Angel Of Attack Member

I'm doing some season edit, I notice many "lap" length based race series are virtually "distance" based.
    When making such season with various of tracks, it's hard to decied how many laps to run for the whole season.
    The "percent of track default" doesn't make sence since different series runing different type(lap/time) and different length on same track.
    I'm thinking, why not just make all the "track default" to be a lap number for the track close to a specific distance (like 500km), alone with some UI text change, then we just set the distence in the UI, we could have a laps count race which always close to a selected distance

2. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Iirc the values in the track's gdb file have priority over the values in the mod's srs file. So if you edit the gdb file for each track in the championship so that the number of laps in every track's gdb file matches a certain distance (eg: 500km) choosing a certain percent of track default when creating a championship should give you the appropriate number of laps of each track in the championship.
    Just be aware that editing files may cause online mismatches, and files of original Reiza content always revert back to original when the game gets updated.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Angel Of Attack

Angel Of Attack Member

Yes, I know, that's why I would rather let Reiza to do it for us.
    And it could be better if it indepedent from the default laps, just use the writen track length, it would be even better for mods

4. Angel Of Attack

Angel Of Attack Member

And it's been done, wow! Great thanks to reiza!