1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing PCs Possible Bug - Beware

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by dougdude, Apr 24, 2021.

1. dougdude

dougdude New Member

I posted this in the bugs threat, but wanted to post it here too so people see it and can be warned or helped if you change computers while you have a championship going...

Track & Layout Used: NA
    Car Used: Porsche GT3, but NA
    Applicable Settings: NA
    Report: Single championship won't keep saved progress after changing computers.
    Steps to reproduce: Copy automobilista2 folder from documents on old pc to new. Fire up your saved championship, it will pickup where you left off on old pc, and then complete some races/make progress. Then exit and the next time you go in after exiting the game, it won't be where you left off. It will instead be where you left off on your previous pc.

Here are the details...
    I started a single championship and completed the 1st 2 races. On my old pc it saved fine because I could go back in and it picked up on the 3rd race... perfect. I got a new pc and copied the automobilista2 documents folder over. All my stuff transferred fine to the new pc and when I went into the championship, it picked up on the 3rd session where I left off... still all good. I then completed the 3rd session which had 2 races in it on my new pc. I came back days later, opened my championship and it was at the beginning of the 3rd session like I hadn't completed anything. Looking at the championship folder what it is doing is creating a brand new .sav file with no name instead of overwriting/updating the existing file named singlechampionship1.sav... or something like that. Thankfully I could delete that file and then rename the .sav that didn't have a name to the standard naming convention of singlechampionship1.sav. Then when I go into my championship it picks up where it should. This is a major PITA though.

I even tried going into the game, then alt-tab out, delete the singlechampionship1.sav file, do my race, then exit hoping it would create a new singlechampionship1.sav, but it still created a new one without a name... just .sav. So each time I exit the game after making progress in my championship I have to go rename the .sav file to singlechampionship1.sav or whatever the standard naming is. I'm assuming all of this is a result of changing computers.

I bet if I deleted the championship and all the .sav files and started over, it might be ok. Just a hunch, but I really want to complete my championship first before I try that.

Hope this makes sense. The short version is the game is creating a new unnamed .sav file for my single championship instead of updating/overwriting the one called singlechampionship1.sav whic is what the game uses when you load up your championship. I'm glad I found a workaround, but it is PITA.

Thanks,
    Doug