Clutch difficulties

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Le Kinnunen, May 15, 2016.

1. Le Kinnunen

Le Kinnunen New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi all, I have strange difficulties with the clutch. In calibration screen it works exactly like it should, but on track it acts in a peculiar way. I start the engine and press the clutch to floor, then push accelerator to floor. As soon as I push in gear 1 revs drop to few hundred, although both accelerator and the clutch are on the floor. If I then raise the clutch, the engine stalls.
    I have Fanatec separate pedals and Logitech wheel.
    Help, anybody??

• Like Like x 1
  2. Le Kinnunen

Hmmm... it's even more complicated. Different cars have different clutch and gear symptoms. Very strange indeed. Formula V10 for instance kicks 1st gear in right away when I press accelerator. If I turn gear to neutral, it doesn't stay on neutral if I press accelerator. Automatic shifting is "off" in options.

3. Woodee

Woodee Simracing Junkie AMS2 Club Member

If you look in car setup options, I think there is an auto-shifting option under ABS.

4. Le Kinnunen

I use only manual shifting, always. I want clutch and gearbox to work correctly with manual shifting. Not like this: on start line I have accelerator pedal on metal, but revs drop when i push 1st gear in, although the clutch pedal is on the floor. It's a bug or something.

5. AZRCD

AZRCD New Member AMS2 Club Member

I am having the same issue though several updates. I posted this in the bug thread some time ago, but at that time it I thought it was only with the V8 Supercars. However, it's actually with several cars as you say. The only fixes I have found are to build your RPMs in neutral and "neutral drop it" or just engage the auto-clutch in setting. But you're not alone with this. I'm also using Fanatec (CSR and CSR Elite pedals.)

6. gongo

gongo Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

-

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  7. AZRCD

No, that's not it. It has to do with the car having some sort of sudo-rev limiter when in 1st gear. Not in neutral, just 1st. If you stall the car out in 1st and restart it then this issue disappears. Happens with many cars in the game, not a specific one.

The thing you are talking about is believe is only for Formula V10, because those cars raced with auto-upshifting gearboxes (and tcs.)

8. wowbagger

wowbagger Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You are describing a well known bug. It affects a number of the cars and has been reported. I believe it has been squashed for the moment in the latest beta release and should be fixed in an upcoming early access release.

In the meantime you can get around it by:
    1- disengage the clutch
    2- shift up into first and again up into second,
    3- then back down into first
    4- then engage the clutch as normal.

9. Supa

Supa Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey mate. The quick fix is to change to 2nd gear then back to 1st and you will find the throttle then works fine. Just a workaround .

• Like Like x 1
  10. AZRCD

They indeed also seem to have fixed this in the latest update.

11. Le Kinnunen

Thank you guys for answering. The problem is solved also here, yes propalbly the update did it. Clutch and gears work well. Great!

12. Supa

Supa Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes update has fixed it! :)