1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clutch issue in new update V1.2.4.2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Conor Murphy, Oct 7, 2021.

1. Conor Murphy

Conor Murphy New Member

The in-game driver is tapping the clutch when you turn wheel is turned even when you set the game to automatic shifting (instead of manual). I have bound the clutch to a keyboard key to confirm there is no issue with my pedals. No amount of clutch deadzone or sensitivity changes will stop the clutch from being tapped. Basically it makes the cars undrivable because you get no power coming out of turns especially in higher gears.

2. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Interesting. I haven't noticed this, and I race in VR, so I should normally have noticed it.

Can you name a specific car, track, and corner where this happens, so I can try to reproduce it?

3. Conor Murphy

Conor Murphy New Member

Thanks for checking Roar. I am seeing this in the gt1 porsche (because I can clearly see the driver feet) but for me it appears to happening in all cars. The strange thing is that when I turn on auto clutch, and automatic gearing I'm still getting the same issue so I figured everyone would be dealing with this. Maybe I need to reinstall the game. I tried deleting the config files but still have the issue.

4. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Under Options > Controls > Edit Assignments > Game, make sure that you've mapped something for HUD View

Then, while driving at speed, cycle the HUD until you see the pedal inputs on screen. Is there a constant pedal input on the clutch? It is the blue bar marked with C.

Automobilista 2 Screenshot 2021.10.08 - 15.12.15.08.jpg

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
  5. Conor Murphy

Conor Murphy New Member

Thanks for your help Roar! I could see the brake was spiking once I had the HUD up like you suggested. Even though the spikes were not showing up in windows USB game controllers, I was able to fix the issue by recalibrating the pedals there.

• Like Like x 1