1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cockpit view

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Richard Busch, May 9, 2020.

1. Richard Busch

Richard Busch New Member

How do I switch back to cockpit view. For some reason all I can drive now is from the bonnet. I can't figure out how to switch my driving view to cockpit.

Thanks

2. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

It will be whichever key/button is assigned...
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. BistoKid

BistoKid Active Member

Do you mean it defaults to the wrong view?

On the update before last, I had the same problem. I deleted my AMS2 folder in Documents on the PC, started the game back up which created a new AMS2 folder and this fixed it, reverting back to cockpit as default, not had the issue since.

4. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

You may just need to recalibrate your wheel pedals and reallocate the buttons. Allways recommended after deletion of your previous settings. That way any changes that came with the update will be implemented.
    Hope it helps

5. Richard Busch

Richard Busch New Member

Thank you guys. I had to reassign my buttons and click through to cockpit. I updated yesterday and ran fine, but this morning I had bonnet view. I must have hit a button when I left last night.

6. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Just found this old thread because the Madness engine suddenly messed things up so I lost cockpit as default view.
    There is a bug in AMS2 conserning this because now I have twice lost lost cockpit as default view just because I spectated a race.
    As normal I spectated it in the "follower(?)" view - but when I then started the same car up in TT LB mode the default view was now the Nose view.
    I used my change view button to go through all the views until I got into cockpit view.
    But every time I exited and came back the default view was the nose view.:rolleyes:
    And Reiza have ofcourse not made it possible to force a certain view as default.
    Pretty smart :whistle:

OK.
    Clever as I am ;) I analyzed the loosing default sequence and then got this revelation and solution:
    1. spectate another race and
    2. shift the spectate view a few times until you spectate in cockpit view.
    3. Exit the spectate mode
    4. Start good old TT LB mode up or the mode you prefer
    5. Voila the default view is now again Cockpit view.

ByTheWay: No reason to mess all settings up by reinstall or delete any folders.:p

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Silvano

Silvano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Good find, mate :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

But actually it is pretty logic - because this time I did know exactly what was the sequence(reason) the default view was changed.
    And could therefore repeat the process - and try to go through the sequence "backwards".
    But I was still a bit surprised it worked out - because 99% of the times such things happens computer related there is some other underlying/hidden things that is the real cause.:eek:

• Like Like x 1