1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Competitive System based on AMS2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Puchouy, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Puchouy

Puchouy New Member

Hey everyone, I've been working on setting up a simple competitive system using AMS2.
    Here's the early alpha trello board, emphasis on alpha :p
    https://trello.com/b/eqFLHQwS/turbodrive-early-alpha

The main idea is basically, people can register to events, go into AMS2 directly from a link and race on their assigned server. Today(June 9th) from 9:30PM GMT to 12:30AM GMT I plan to open up the events site, registration will be open a little bit earlier and ill announce it here and on the facebook group. If anyone wants to try it out, let me know.

I already setup the servers to run the Porsche Cup so everyone can join, 12 minutes qualy with 12 minutes race at the Red Bull Ring. Back to back every half an hour, each split will be 24 players max or 12 players min depending on how many people sign up for each event. This is just for testing, at one point it would be nice to have licenses and better splits by rating but this is beyond the scope of this alpha.

I want to be clear, this will be free for the time being. Unless we get so much people in that the cost of launching virtual machines on the cloud sky rockets and I might have to do a queue for invites or signups.
    Anyway, if you have any questions/suggestions drop them here.
    Best,
    Francisco

• Like Like x 6
  2. Puchouy

Puchouy New Member

I've been working on the register to an event flow during the day and hit a couple of hiccups. I'm going to open the registration later today to get a few events going if there is any interest.

Attached Files:

3. Puchouy

Puchouy New Member

Well, the early alpha is out. Feel free to register

https://turbo-drive.vercel.app/

You can register with your email, you'll get sent a magic link for login.
    Right now users will have to update their steamID64 manually, and then click on events

I'm running 5 events today, between 9PM GMT and 10PM GMT
    Users will be able to register for each event half and hour in advance and the registration closes 3 minutes before the event start to provision the virtual machines that host the dedicated server.

Known issues
    Users registered to an event might have to reload the page at the start time of the event to get the link to their server, it's using the sportsplay flag that will open a steam window, launch the game and when you go to the server list your assigned server should be first on the list.

Splits will be created directly from the entrylist, this means that if we have 50 the system is going to split them around 25/25 but they will be not separated by skill or nothing like that.

There might be issues with routing and registering for events, let me know here. I will setup a place for people to drop bugs sometime next week if there is any actual interest for this.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Puchouy

Puchouy New Member

I'll be running a few GTE + DLC Tracks events tomorrow to keep the testing moving forward. The frontend is still a little janky but most things work. Let me know if you join up and we can discuss suggestions from the community :)

5. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It looks promising, unfortunately i have a shoulder injury so cannot join, but i like that it is not a league, but just single races

Have you got a discord for people to give feedback in an easy way?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Puchouy

Puchouy New Member

I didnt setup a discord YET. I've been coding and bug fixing stuff :p I plan to do a couple of test events today. And update the roadmap for June. I'm confident that I can have something on a more usable beta state by July 10th but can't make any promises :p

7. Puchouy

Puchouy New Member

If there is any interest, I'll be running 2 events today. Maybe more if there are a lot of people. 8PM GMT-3 which is in about an hour and 9PM GMT-3.

Long beach with the GTE's, 14 minutes qualy, 8 laps.

The site doesn't have the best ux yet so if you need anything drop me a message here or via discord puchouy#3053

8. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah on my phone the site does not fit or adjust to the screen size

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Puchouy

Puchouy New Member

Even with not much interest on the forum or the fb. I just wanted to update that this idea isn't dead. I just started a new job so I don't have much time but I will push forward in the coming weeks.

The site ux/ui is awful, but sign in works. So if anyone wants they can sign up and I'll announce when there will be test sessions before the end of the month