config help needed FFB and graphics

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by rocafella1978, Jul 29, 2016.

1. rocafella1978

rocafella1978 Member AMS2 Club Member

hi all, sorry to post this, but just don't know what else to do and apologize for linking my post here, but from mobile device is difficult to post something proper. any help or guidance would be great, am running windows 8.1 pro, very clean system and no junk installed. can't get graphics to look smooth/ nice and have also weird FFB feedback when braking and going over kurbs, very jagged or abrupt moving wheel.
    this is my system (SLI):

Attached Files:

2. rocafella1978

here the rest of the fiasco...

Attached Files:

3. rocafella1978

also added this to "config.ini"
    in root folder, set:
    ObjDetail=5
    TexDetail=5

Wheel setup is: CSW V2 + CSP V2

4. Baz76

Baz76 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Nvidia Inspector settings:

Antialiasing mode: Override (essential otherwise other settings below won't work)
    Antialiasing setting: 8xQ or 8xS
    Supersampling: 4x sparse grid supersampling. It is important to select sparse grid. Gives a very smooth looking image: no jaggies or flashing fences.

When using 8x antialiasing only use 4x sparse grid or lower. Higher levels won't do anything as far as I am aware. You can of course use 16x aa and bump up the sparse grid but honestly it's overkill in my opinion.

Set the game's own aa to off.

I'm using 8xQ and 2x sparse grid and it looks really nice (GTX 960) and stays above 60fps.

Can't help you with the wheel, sorry.

edit: Your Nvidia profile is 'Game Stock Car (AMS)'. Mine says '[-path]/automobilista/ams.exe'

• Like Like x 1
  5. rocafella1978

thank you @Baz76 i reset it all and using what you suggested and works much better than all other suggestions that i had gotten, wondering if there is any SLI setting for inspector?

6. rocafella1978

anything @Reiza Studios can suggest for SLI users with screenshots attached? anything to make the graphics look smoother and lines/ edges not jagged and/ or like steps?
    (i have reinstalled the game from scratch, to make sure all is clean) but still have the jagged edges...any suggestions?

also getting screen tearing all the time.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  7. Thiago Izequiel

Thiago Izequiel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

8. rocafella1978

i just changed what the manual PDF of AMS says/ recommends, I could not figure out how to change in detail with Nvidia Profile Inspector for a high end system wih Nvidia SLI, to adjust it all, since most the settings are completely confusing for someone whi has no clue about those settings and what they mean. apart from that, i would say game runs fine, would be better if optimized of course and as a consumer/ user easier if those/ auch things would be taken care of by the game benchmark or settings suggested by Reiza or someone who knows this stuff and recommends to AMS users what and how to change to have best possible graphics.
    thx to the very few who tried to help, much appreciate it.

• Like Like x 1