Continous multiplayer disconnects

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Joshua Anderson, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Joshua Anderson

Joshua Anderson Cosmo-holic AMS2 Club Member

Hi all.

I'm having a bit of a problem with AMS and multiplayer. For some reason AMS keeps disconnecting me from online servers - it can do this from anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes after joining, sometimes it doesn't disconnect me but that's rare.

I've already tried reinstalling the game, removing all non-vanilla plugins and verifying game files; none of these have helped. The only way I managed to get it to not disco me was with a router reset and that had its complications, but the event I did was just 30 minutes so it may have discoed me if it was longer.

In addition, sometimes upon a disconnection it throws me back to the selection screen and this happens (taken while running GID plugin, before removal of some mods and file verification) :

[​IMG]

Obviously this makes longer AMS races online nearly impossible to do and it's really annoying me as Automobilista is an awesome simulator and I wish I could race online more but this is happening!

If anyone has any suggestions they'd be very much welcome. :)

- Joshua

2. Auduns75

Auduns75 RWB Audi AMS2 Club Member

Hi, I've got the same problem as you, cannot figure out what's doing it. As you I tried a router reset, that helped in the race I was doing that night, but the problem persist in my next race yesterday. Only thing I can think of is that it is something on my side, but can't figure out what, and ams is the only game suffering from this.

Hope someone can shed some light on this.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Rodders

Rodders Active Member AMS2 Club Member

We tried using the game launch switch -trace 2 but the logs never showed up anything obvious that helped explain it. Seems to affect any car or track combo, vanilla or mod and Auduns is the only person affected by this on our servers. It does tend to happen most often in our bigger races (longer practice, more people) but I suspect it's more to do with the length of time in game than number of players in the session (your comments seem to re-enforce that theory Joshua).

I've suggested we need to run wireshark traces and capture a disconnect but any ideas very welcome a this stage. It does point to a router issue however it has only affected AMS so far.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Tony Binelli

Tony Binelli Active Member AMS2 Club Member

One of our Aussie guys has the same issue, he is complaining he continually gets disconnects. Sounds like router issues to me, packet loss or something and ams not handling it very well

5. Joshua Anderson

I think I may have fixed this.

What seems to have done it is applying a 4gb patch to AMS; I discovered it's 32-bit based and not 64-bit as I thought, and given I never had issues with rF1 or SCE with a 4gb patch, this leads me to think AMS was running out or ran out of available memory (of a maximum of 2GB) due to being based on 32-bit architecture and when it hit 2GB it kicked me from a multiplayer server.

Since applying the patch I've been in a server for an hour continuously, which at the bare minimum is an improvement on what I had before. It also held through a 20 minute qualifying session and a 30 minute race so while it's unorthodox it does seem like that did fix it.

6. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I had the impression the 4Gb patch was no longer needed with AMS o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Erick Goldner

Erick Goldner Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It does not ! It's already in the game, so it's probably placebo.

8. Joshua Anderson

Huh. That's funny since that's what fixed it for me. Wonder why that was what fixed it if it was already applied.

9. Rodders

Rodders Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Looks like we might have found the issue Auduns was having - looks like a faulty router which is in the process of being replaced.

10. TinoM

TinoM New Member AMS2 Club Member

I seem to be having a similar issue. I play 4 other sims online with no disconnects. I dont know much about hardware, but would that rule out router issues? If so, is there something else that can cause this? Really want this solved.

11. sergio justen

sergio justen New Member AMS2 Club Member

Parece que estou tendo o mesmo problema. Eu jogo project cars e Asseto corsa online sem desconexões,as vezes fico com uma tela congelada e a mensagen conection lost.

Attached Files:

12. TinoM

TinoM New Member AMS2 Club Member

Does anyone have any suggestions how to troubleshoot this disconnect issue? I cannot join any servers and really dont know what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

13. sergio justen

sergio justen New Member AMS2 Club Member

eu consegui resolver seguindo passo a passo desse vídeo deu certo ,

• Like Like x 1