1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CTD when saving/changing anything

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Robert Slade, Jul 22, 2022.

1. Robert Slade

Robert Slade New Member

Just bought the game and can't play it. If I click on 'performance' in options or try and change any settings I get CTD. I verified steam files, deleted save file but still the same problem.

Any suggestions? I use a T300 wheel on Win 10, Nvidia GTX1660, I5-9400.

Cheers

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello!

Please update your Nvidia drivers and choose the complete reinstall option. (This will remove all game related profiles though, because it's seen as a fresh new driver).

Also worth checking if you have the latest C++ Redistributable packs installed.

I recently wasn't able to load one track and after resetting my player profile i wasn't able to load any car track combo anymore. Turned out, that my v513 Nvidia driver was somehow acting strange. A complete reinstall with driver 516 fixed it and AMS2 and also other games have better frame pacing/less stutteryness here aswell now.

So maybe worth a shot and potentially also good for the game experience as a whole, not only for AMS2.

Please report back, what the result was, if you decide to give it a shot! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1