Custom Mod Menu Image

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Yuri Bascope, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Yuri Bascope

Yuri Bascope Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey guys, I'm working on a custom mod for myself and when I create a new SRS file and try to create a new .tga file, it doesn't shows on game. I'm doing everything right, I'm sure. I tried to copy a Stock Car V8 logo and rename it to my mod, and it doesn't appears the tga, only a invisible series that I have to be searching with the mouse. Looks like there's a protection in the game.

I saw that @PATR10T managed to do this on his EEC mod. How can I do this?

2. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You cannot use any name: all srs files need to be named reizaXX.srs with XX being a number, and all number must follow! At the moment, the EA version has files up to reiza20.srs so your mod must be named reiza21.srs and the image reiza21.tga. If you don't do that, the car will only be available in the "All cars all tracks" serie.
    Be careful that there will soon be the new Boxer Cup: it will use reiza21.srs so you will need to change your mod to 22 when the update will be available. For that, you will need to edit 3 files: your srs and tga, but you will also need to go in your UserData\yourname folder and rename the reiza21.cch file to reiza22.cch (this file is created automatically when you add a new serie and stores your stats).

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yuri Bascope

Thanks. I've created they very far, reiza71, 72 and so, so I think that's the problem.

4. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

We´re looking at a way to better sort SRS files in the menu.

• Like Like x 2
  5. wowbagger

wowbagger Active Member AMS2 Club Member

In the meantime you can set up dummy srs/tga entries. This will allow you to name your mods say reiza27,reiza28, & reiza29.

This way they won't get overwritten by newer series that Reiza add in any updates and you don't have to constantly rename your srs/tga/ cch files.

It also works well if you use JSGME to manage your mods (which I highly recommend, especially while the game is being so frequently updated.

no mods enabled
    [​IMG]

various mods enabled
    [​IMG]

6. Woodee

Woodee Simracing Junkie AMS2 Club Member

How do you use JSGME for mods? Can you explain it in pictures? Or is there a guide already made?

7. wowbagger

Note: As I understand it, officially AMS wasn't designed to support modding.

...the JSGME mod folder has inside it one folder for each mod.

Within each mod folder you simply recreate the folders where each part of the mod goes. So there will be a Gamedata folder and inside that a Vehicles folder and a Talent folder. You put the different files of the mod into their correct folders. Then you run JSGME and enable the mod. It copies these files into the corresponding folders in the actual game directory and remembers which files it put and where.

When you wish to disable the mod it simply removes those files and puts back any files the mod may have replaced.

Since most mods come already compressed in the correct directory hierarchy, you usually just create one folder for the mod, expand it into that folder, and then enable the mod using JSGME.

Just disable all mods when you update the game and you won't lose any of your files during the update. Re-enable any mods you want after the update.

It's far easier to see it in action if you download it and try it than it is to try to describe it.

8. Yuri Bascope

How do I do this?

9. wowbagger

Find a tga file you want to use. Then just copy and rename the Reiza99.srs file a number of times. And copy the tga file to correspond with those files.

For example you may end up with :
    Reiza21.srs & Reiza21.tga
    Reiza22.srs & Reiza22.tga
    Reiza23.srs & Reiza23.tga
    Reiza24.srs & Reiza24.tga
    Reiza25.srs & Reiza25.tga
    Reiza26.srs & Reiza26.tga

Then you can put your mod at Reiza27.srs & Reiza27.tga and it won't get overwritten during updates ... unless Reiza end up adding 7 more series to the game.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yuri Bascope

11. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, Renato wrote in the beta forum that they will use up to Reiza28, so mods should use Reiza29 and up… I hope he won't mind that I put this here, but it seems useful info for everybody! :)