1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom track modding viability?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Modding' started by CaptainParallax, Apr 19, 2023.

1. CaptainParallax

CaptainParallax Metalmoro AJR fanboy AMS2 Club Member

Recently I've been watching way too many videos about modding Assetto Corsa, the latest of which is a tutorial on creating custom tracks in Blender - this is really exciting to me as someone who loves learning how to do things in Blender, it's amazing to think it's still free and open-source!

With the increasing popularity of car mods appearing in AMS2 (and a few tracks, albeit taken from PC2), I'd like to know if the process to add custom tracks will be made easier too, if a process even exists yet? In my mind this would also include an editor to add custom cameras, an AI racing line, trackside ambient sounds and moving objects (like the train at Road America) - which are all features pretty similar to Assetto Corsa both in-game and through the KSeditor.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. jusk

jusk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think the lack of replies here is probably indicative of where we are with bringing new tracks to AMS2! :D

I'd love to see some doors opened on this in due course. There are some suggestions on the Modding Support Feedback thread, so hopefully possibilities can be explored. It would be great if some of the talented scratch track builders from elsewhere in sim racing could be tempted/facilitated to bring their work to AMS2.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. CaptainParallax

CaptainParallax Metalmoro AJR fanboy AMS2 Club Member

Hopefully it is looked at, there's plenty of detailed and fun fictional tracks out there and I'd love to try my hand at it

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1