1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom Wheel Not Recognized

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by LucasMirO, Apr 2, 2020.

1. LucasMirO

LucasMirO New Member

Hello, I got the Early Access steam version, I have a Microsoft Wireless Speed Wheel: https://images.tcdn.com.br/img/img_prod/345822/436_5_20140128140440.jpg , quite old steering wheel although still works flawlessly with pretty much any game I played before including AMS 1.

So I tried to play with it in AMS 2 but since to use it on the PC I connect it through a Xbox 360 Wireless receiver ( https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61iCl5w72+L._AC_SY450_.jpg ) which instantly causes the game to recognizes as an Xbox controller instead of a custom wheel, so when a select the custom wheel option, everything works fine except the wheel turning function which does not work. I know for a fact this is a problem carried over from Project Cars because of the madness engine, but is there any way to bypass this for the game to recognize as a custom device?

2. Towers

Towers New Member AMS2 Club Member

I have same issue, but with a DEM DRS Integrale professional wheel. I'm able to calibrate and correctly assign rotational axis, I also feel the FFB working once ont he track but the steering function is lost. I think it is a deadzone issue, carried over as you said from PCars2 madness engine. I've tried to ask @Renato Simioni with a pm but I haven't had an answer... I really hope they fix this issue else we (custom wheel owners) will not able to drive this sim.

3. Mauro Fx

Mauro Fx New Member

Exactly the same issue of Towers, my DRS INTEGRALE wheel works properly with all current sims (AC, ACC, RF2,..) but here is ok in menu, but on track doesn’t turn.

4. LucasMirO

LucasMirO New Member

Reiza updated automobilista to V0.8.3.1 today, just tested and at least for my wheel the problem was fixed, now the games recognizes after configuring as a custom wheel, thank you.

5. mouldychimp

mouldychimp New Member AMS2 Club Member

I have a fanatec dd PS4 version I have had the beta version of ams2 since it’s launch and had no issues with the beta seeing the wheel and calibration, I also downloaded the early access version and had no issues but now since the official version has been released the wheel is not being detected, I have uninstalled the beta and all it’s folders but still the same , I can use the beta all ok wheel being seen and can calibrate ! Any ideas ??? Ps great sim loving it