1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daytona ,not real racing

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Speedbump, Jan 14, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Speedbump

Speedbump Member

In Daytona time trails , racers are using pits to for faster times, nice trick, but this is not real racing.
    Cones are marked with pit speed. Track management would ask you to leave the track if we pulled this in real racing at any track. Other VR games have had the problem and fixed it The race starts at the start finish line, not in the pits. I see more racers doing it in more classes. I thing it makes the game and Daytona look less real. Up for discussion.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. No Insurance

No Insurance New Member

Hey Speedbump, I've watched few ghosts at time trial and didn't find anyone doing it, so if you can mention some saved times on TT so we can watch and see for ourselves... ?
    In the other hand, what you could have also witnessed is people setting lobbies with track limits off in order to spoil that, perhaps?

3. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

I ve Seen this behavior recently in a MP race on an another track. The Guy behind me when to pit to overpass me at the last corner and finished in front of me. There is always looser to cheat because they aren't good enough. I not sure to understand the fun of this, but this is an another story.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

I think the tracks that allow this are obvious. When you Go out if pitbox ( from a box behind the finish Line) and you got a lap Time at you first pass it means this happend.

I guess this is a easy way for the Dev to count your lap number and lap Time when you pit in during race.

For Time trial on Daytona I guess this can be easely patched with track limits.