Dedicated Server: Racing on the same connection as my server

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Dann Murillo, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Dann Murillo

Dann Murillo tinyurl.com/osrdiscord AMS2 Club Member

I have a pretty specific question that I feel maybe not too many people will have encountered but I will try anyway.

I have a dedicated server with several Reiza servers. My racing rig is on the same internet connection. So this is 2 different computers on the same IP address, and it has been setup like this for years. In rfactor I had to use different game shortcuts to connect to a specific server on the game startup because in rfactor on a LAN the server list only shows whatever server my Query Port Start= value is in my multiplayer.ini file. So for example my game shortcuts would similar to this:
    ...rFactor.exe" +connect 82.227.204.7:34295
    ...rFactor.exe" +connect 82.227.204.7:34296
    ...rFactor.exe" +connect 82.227.204.7:34297

What I am wanting to learn more about is that in AMS I can see 5 of my 10 servers, in no particular order and it doesn't seem that my Query Port Start= makes any difference, the server list always shows 5 of my 10 Reiza servers. Does anyone know if there is any way to make it see them all? If this was able to be resolved then I would not need to use several game shortcuts that link specifically to a server at the game startup.

2. Erick Goldner

Erick Goldner Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Not sure if i understood your problem right.
    You have ten servers on your PC and only 5 of them show on the list?

3. Dann Murillo

Yes. And I can connect to any of them using the "+connect..." switch in my game shortcuts but I would like to just launch the game normally and connect to any of them at any time.

P.S. I was hoping YOU would respond as you seem to be the most knowledgeable about servers. I have been our server admin for about 5 years now for RF1, RF2, SCE, AC, and now (only) AMS. I feel like I know pretty much everything but this has stumped me.

4. Erick Goldner

You have probably already checked this, but gonna ask it anyway:
    The 4 ports for all of the 10 profile folders and multiplayer.ini files of each one are not repeating and are forwarded, right?

When you start the 6th server, Does the list of visible servers changes? Or it always the first 5 you start that get listed?

Since you can manually connect to all of them, if its not a port/Firewall problem, maybe there's a limit of servers from the same IP? Huge guess shot Here.

5. Dann Murillo

Yes, Sir. All of the ports are unique for each server. I have a spreadsheet to help keep track of them. OSR Server Ports List

It's always the same 5 servers I see. I am not home right now but I know its also not in numerical order of the ports either. I mean this is already an improvement over RF1 as that would only let me see the specific server matching the port in my multiplayer.ini file. But if I could see all 10 in this case I would be in heaven! :)

6. Erick Goldner

When you get home, list the 5 servers that get always visible.
    Maybe can get to a conclusion on why they are visible and others are not.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dann Murillo

[​IMG]

So it looks like it recognizes the last 5 servers in my series of port numbers.
    34595, 34596, 34597, 34598, 34599
    It does not recognize
    34590, 34591, 34592, 34593, 34594

So as a test I turned off the top 2 servers. After that it only shows me the remaining 3 rather than 2 of 5 I cannot see. It's also notable that no internet users are having issues, only me via my LAN.

As a further test I changed 1 of the 5 missing servers to higher port numbers and what do you know...I can see 6 now. Hmm....this may take some work but if I just up more port numbers maybe I can see everything.

After more testing and swapping the servers every which way, I seem to only be able to see 6 max servers via LAN. Again they are all OK and visible via internet for my league drivers.
    These are my port ranges
    TCP 34590-34604
    TCP 34690-34704
    TCP 34740-34754
    UDP 34590-34604
    UDP 34690-34704
    UDP 34740-34754
    UDP 27010-27024
    UDP 8760-8774

Last edited: Jul 2, 2016