Dedicated Steam Server ...

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by BORDER, Mar 10, 2016.

1. BORDER

BORDER New Member

Ok ..

So I am able to connect to servers without issue , when I try to create a server this is just a complete nightmare .. I manage to get a game running in LAN tab only ..
    I have opened the named ports and gone thorugh all sorts of loopback adaptors to try and get this to work and I'm really sorry guys .. but this is a shambles ...

I appreciate it's early access .... but SCE worked .. what is so different...

Can you please get a guide up on exactly what to do to get a server running in automobilista PLEASE ...

I really want to play online .. and so far like this game but ... this is turning me off of it very quickly

• Like Like x 1
  2. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. BORDER

BORDER New Member

I have followed that .. with no luck ..
    Thanks for your help though

• Like Like x 1
  4. Erick Goldner

Erick Goldner Active Member AMS2 Club Member

What exactly happens ?
    Can you see your server on the list ?
    Are you running in the same PC that you're playing?

5. BORDER

BORDER New Member

My server appears in LAN tab .. but not public server list.
    I have tried running it from another machine also , but this does not work for me either.
    No matter what settings I try with [ apart from loop back adaptor ] nothing seems to work.
    With loop back I can see server in list .. but cannot connect

6. Erick Goldner

On the connection part:
    - You have to manually execute the AMS.exe to start game. Click on the Multiplayer option then on the '+' icon.
    It should appear with the 127.0.0.0 address, just click OK and it will show your game on the list (inside game). Just click on it and connect.
    It works this way here.

7. BORDER

BORDER New Member

Finally got it sorted ... What a nightmare
    DEVS .... you should put a guide up for people wanting to run a server ... until you fix the online side .. not being able to play online may actually be detrimental to your game ... just saying

8. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There is a guide - In the User Guide :)

Please feel free to let us know if it is missing things. We are aware the multiplayer side of things needs substantial work. But we are in Early Access and we state many times in the User Guide that this is the case.

If you host on your own machine - or even own network you need to change to LAN, that has always been the case in ISI based sims. Maybe that was not made clear enough, I don't know.

9. PATR10T

PATR10T Boss from european endurance center :) AMS2 Club Member

so thats right what i read on rd that we have to start a server just with active steam? in this case i have to say thats a nogo... it must be possible to run a server directly from the exe without any connection to steam! i cant have alltime on our server steam active, there several people can connect to and its not right when they can have access to my steam account then in case they have to restart the server etc...

please correct me if its wrong, thx

10. Alex Sawczuk

There will be a Steam Tool released soon.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  11. BORDER

BORDER New Member

Thanks for your reply Alex .. I have managed to get it working now ... I do appreciate it's in early access .. just dont want you guys to suffer due to people not being able to enjoy the online thats all ...
    Great to see you and Luc still a cracking team .. always knew you guys made good stuff ...
    Keep it up

12. Alex Sawczuk

Cheers, well I'm still a little confused as to what wasn't working in the first place if you wish to explain any more.

Luc works at ISI though, so the old band isn't quite still together...

• Like Like x 1
  13. BORDER

BORDER New Member

The issue's I had mainly were with the ports and what needed to be opened exactly , very unclear as to what steps were needed to setup a dedicated server.
    First exactly what ports needed to be open / then you need to enter game via lan mode / then not start the game from desktop icon .. [ this is a biggie as it threw me for a good while ]

A guide outlining things like this would have made it a lot easier for people who are not so familiar with setting up server's such as these would have been a great help. [ I haven't touched gmotor since GMT days ]

As I said ... I really do understand early access .. [ I remember from GMT days what goes into game creation ] ..And I do get online part is still very W.I.P ... but for me this is why a detailed guide was needed even more so...

I guess me saying it was a shambles ..was pretty harsh .. And I do apologise .. but do still think a better more comprehensive guide should have been put together before release ... and would have been a bit more professional approach ..

Anyways .. Im a massive fan of your skillz mate .. always have been .. and really glad to see you working in the industry and making a career at it .. SCE was good and Automobilista now even better ..

Keep it going ... and if you need someone to dust the paint brushes off .. gimme a shout .. lol .. ;)

14. Alex Sawczuk

That information is all in the User Guide though.

It's an option when you start the game. :)

15. BORDER

BORDER New Member

But that's what I am saying ... info may have been there

But it wasn't very clear ...

It's sorted now ....;)

16. kamtcho

kamtcho New Member AMS2 Club Member

17. Auduns75

Auduns75 RWB Audi AMS2 Club Member

When you press play on ams in steam you will get a dialogue window showing you the option to open the manual

• Like Like x 1
  18. Erick Goldner

It can be found on the Support folder where the game is installed:

Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista\Support\Automobilista_User_Guide_EN.pdf

• Like Like x 1
  19. cazsan

cazsan New Member AMS2 Club Member

Is it possible to handle mods on dedicated linux servers?
    I get it working on AMS game dedicated server but didn't get my series found by the dedicated tool...