1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dirt helmet visor and auto glass, and more!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Germano Cervini, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini Member

Hello, I don't know if it will be introduced in the near future, but I would like these things to be introduced soon in AU2
    1) the visors of the pilots' helmets getting dirty
    2) the windows of the car getting dirty
    3) the flattening of the tires, in case of locking of the tires, type Rfactor 2

• Like Like x 3
  2. 250swb

250swb Active Member

After James Hunt retired from racing he started commentating for the BBC alongside the great Murray Walker, and in almost every commentary he would remind people that he would carry a cloth stuffed between his legs so he could wipe his visor if it got dirty. This was before the days of tear-offs, but perhaps Reiza could animate a tear-off or a cloth being used?

• Like Like x 1
  3. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Simulating tear-offs would be great. I remember a CART sim about 20 years ago (don't know the title) which had a good simulation of getting dirt and tear-offs. In RACE07 / RACE ON there was also a simulation but not so good as the one in CART.
    In NASCAR Racing 2003 season from Papyrus, there was a really good simulation of dirt build up on windshild.
    The built up of dirt was so smooth that you didn't recogniced it while racing but when in pit and the pit crew 'cleaned' the windshild, it was a sudden change like night and day!
    In replay when you jumped from a 'clean' to a 'dirty' time point you thought: how could I drive with this dirty windshild? This was really crazy but more or less perfect.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Iracing does it on the off road trucks as there is no windscreen and I believe in all the open wheelers.
    No driver animations to remove the tearaway visor tho.