Disable automatic pause in single player when using ALT-TAB

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Links & Resources' started by Aeomer, Mar 14, 2023.

1. Aeomer

Aeomer Member AMS2 Club Member

Is there a way to disable automatic pause in single player when using ALT-TAB.
    I want this fot two reasons:
    1: Debugging my tools.
    2: Allowing game to keep simulating the session as I load and unload things like Crew Chief and SimHub whist the game is active for the purposes of testing.

Please only answer if you either,
    1: Know how to enable this feature.
    2: Are a Reiza Dev who knows this is not available at present and so can categorically say it cannot be overcome.

2. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Don't disable this logical feature!! Instead run AMS2 in a Window mode.

3. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

You could also run a private MP-session

4. Aeomer

Thank you, Marius.
    Yes, it seems private MP is the only way.
    I'll run it on another machine. I need to analyse the server data later, anyway.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2023
  5. Aeomer

Okay, this is why I asked for information which specifically solves the problem. This is going to sound mean, but you misinterpreted the question because you like or need ALT-TAB pausing and immediately jumped to a conclusion. Please always read a post carefully before replying; in this case you added nothing but noise for those who are interested. My post was about working with coding tools when collecting data from AMS2, not some nebulous feature of single player racing.

Just for you:
    1: It is not a logical feature for everyone; in other sims it is switchable, even PC2.
    2: Running in Windowed mode is NOT an option as it completely screws the stochastic prediction of the telemetry latency and so a much higher recording interval must be used and even that would frequently have stale data.
    3: It prevents triples being used. Triples change the nature of delivered telemetry rates and so must be tested in use, not extrapolated from a window.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2023