Drifting has been announced, whaaaat?

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by mmaruda, Dec 23, 2017.

1. mmaruda

mmaruda Member AMS2 Club Member

Wait! Drifting? In AMS?! Are you guys for real? Yes, please, oh yes, do this to me again and again!

Now I kind of suck at being dorito kingu here, but my biggest gripe with going sideways in sims is... none of them really facilitate it right. The go-to title would be Assetto, especially with it's proper Initial D content pack and various touge tracks, but the FFB in the game really makes it sort of chore to someone who picked up the sideways-hat style of driving only in Assetto. I honestly couldn't get the hang of it until I tried a Supra drift mod for rF2 and that allowed me to translate what I have learned over to AC. Still going sideways in Assetto doesn't feel exactly right to me, yet in AMS IT'S THE D ('Dream' for those who don't watch Chinese cartoons)! It kind of feels weird to do it in the Formula Vintage though, not sure Fujiwara-San would approve.

Now that said, I want to complain! :D

From what I understood, it's going to be the Lan Evo with some scoring system and specifically designed tracks... Oh boy! Dear Reiza, I love you guys with all my heart for what you have done to vehicle physics and handling, but please, reconsider. Lan Evos are fine, but we need something small, rear-wheel drive and purpose-built to deliver tofu. I don't care if it's fictional, I don't care if it's a 1.3 diesel Passeratti with a drivetrain swap. All I care for is that it's not a truck and not a 4x4 and one other little thing... Point to point mountain roads! All that clipping-points stuff and flat sweeper circuits have a place and that place is called the USA, just like ovals (and I don't hate on ovals, I like them very much). The added benefit here would be to allow those who think proper driving is king to duel with the dorito-kids and show them how it's done (or fail miserably).

In any case, whatever you guys do, I am on board and will continue to work on my home altar dedicated to Niels , but in case any of the devs (or you, beautiful mod-making people) reads this and thinks "hey, Mmaruda might be on to something here", do me a solid and throw something in there to tickle my fancy in this regard maybe?

Anyways, I still have a DVD drive in my PC, though it didn't have any use in the past few years and I kind of think it's just there now to accept dollar bills for niche simulation games. Just tell me when to feed it. :)