1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drivers swap is planned?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by hylo, Jun 30, 2020.

Tags:
  1. hylo

hylo New Member

Hi, apologies if this has been mentioned before. Drivers swap is planned for an endurance racing?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Aletdownofstate

Aletdownofstate Maldonado's Front Wing

As far as I'm aware, no. Though I could be wrong.

I would love it to be a thing, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Tambe

Tambe Member

It would be nice if they implemented it

4. Tino

Tino New Member

I think this feature is essential nowadays in any simulator. It is also part of the development that multiplayer options must have. Multiclass endurance races. A simulator without good multiplayer is doomed to die and AMS must be focused in develop a rating system, official servers, and the posibility of endurance races. The content is importat, but now, with the new DLC, the content is enough, few things missing (Lemans 24, Monza, and some GT3 and GT4 cars).

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Sami Viljanen

Sami Viljanen New Member

If you check pit strategies there is Change diver ON/OFF option so clearly driver change is coming (if not even possible to do now) in 1.2

6. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

That has been there since pC2 and the AMS2 beta. It's for an AI swap. There is no base code to allow human driver swaps so that part needs to be coded from nothing. And I say from nothing because of how MP works.

7. ZolaLegend

ZolaLegend New Member

This sounds like its not going to happen any time soon ?

8. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

There are a plethora of other problems in MP that are more urgent I would say. And most of them also date back to PC2 and where simply never solved by SMS, sometimes even denied to exist.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Chuck Maurice

Chuck Maurice New Member

I remember asking Ian Bell about online driver swap on the gtplanet forum just before PC2's release.He answered me that it will come but not at launch ,he was sure about it ... never happened :/.
    Anyway ,You're right McClutch ,they need to fix the multiplayer then add the driver swap feature ,i really want to be able to do a daytona 24 with my mates like i do with other endurance in ACC,RF2 or Iracing .After all ,IMSA is all about driver swap isn't it ?

• Like Like x 2
  10. Evgenich

Evgenich New Member AMS2 Club Member

I'll bring up the topic, are there any plans to make a drivers swap?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

I hope it's part of the plans... Because all of this lovely endurance content just wouldn't get run in all of it's glory...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Evgenich

Evgenich New Member AMS2 Club Member

I'll bring up the topic again, maybe the developers will notice!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is this an overrated request? How many people have actually done a drive swap in the past? Out of this tiny AMS2 community, how many people would participate in endurance racing in the first place, then find friends to swap with? It feels like so many other items in the "queue" would have a much bigger impact and grow the community... but that just my opinion.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think this feature is only valuable once some more foundational aspects are implemented.

I believe you can already do this in single-player with an AI taking over. However, the AI strategies in endurance racing is not the best so even doing a race long enough for a driver swap would run into other issues first.

For multi-player, the P2P architecture just isn't suited to endurance racing with large number of players because it isn't stable enough. Focussing on the MP stability so that 4/6 hour races are possible first before adding driver swap would be best.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

This essential feature is only really possible with a modern MP experience... Luckily Reiza is now open to retooling the experience so that longer races will be encouraged allowing for the use of driver swaps...

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Jeff Scharpf

Jeff Scharpf Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Swapping to an AI driver is completely broken. He will run a lap or two, then come back into the pits. The system keeps giving him a speeding penalty even though penalties are off and he is not speeding lol.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Dede2602

Dede2602 New Member

I don´t know if Reiza has any ambitions to grow AMS2 any bigger? If this is the case the only efficient way is to fix multiplayer gaming to make the sim more attractive. MP is the big thing as ACC proves. And this is my reference. I am part of a group of old gents who love racing AMS2 and played pCars 2 before. Our wet dream was to do HUMAN driver swap in a sim. We did this in ACC for some time, but after all we felt the we don´t like the physics of it so much.So PLEASE fix the MP and allow for a driver swap in AMS2. I bet you will be rewarded with a much bigger driver base.
    At least it would be good to know if you have any ambitions in that direction. Do you?

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  18. PaulA

PaulA Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I would love online driver swaps also.
    however i just don't know if the engine of AMS2 is physically able to handle online driver swaps?
    I'd love to be proven wrong, but i thought it was an engine limitation?

Regardless, there are plans to upgrade the AI Driver Swap functionality, which will at least make it easier to run endurance races solo.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Whether you want driver swaps or not is your own opinion. The fact that other titles offer it for Endurance races means that if AMS2 doesn't offer driver swaps, then it's not keeping pace with the other titles.